another innocent victim

another innocent victim

Here we go again. This time according to the news an innocent elderly man sleeping in his bed is shot and killed. When are you going to do something about these things? Who is in charge and who is responsible for putting criminals in jail? Is it the mayor? Is it your chief? Who is in charge? I'm just sickened over that story.

Person,

I dont have enough space on this website to tell you what the problems are here, and if I did, some a#$ kissin Sgt. or Lt. Or a snake in the grass Major would come on here and tell you that we have everything under control and things are not as bad as they seem. Then theyd tell the people who post "negative" comments on here to do something about it if its so bad. However, those people who try to, get labled trouble makers and they get stuck in patrol, never advancing unless they sell their souls. No one who can do anything about it cares to do anything about it. You think the Mayor cares? Sure he wont support our raises but he'll sure as heck find MILLIONS of dollars for that worthelss theatre. You think the City Council cares? Sure they step in once in a while and say their "looking into it" and are going to hire an "outside" company to determine what the problems are. Wht dont you ask the 20+ officers who have left this year if anyone has asked them why? No one cares, and if you try and step up, you get shafted and punished. I have news for anyone who wants to listen..I wouldnt complain about the pay or the benefits if the corruption was dealt with here. You know who complains about the money, the veterans who dont have much time left who didn't plan financially when they first came on. No one cares, and everyone always believes it when Harmon says there are no problems and that he's working on things. Lies Lies Lies. This place is sickening.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Well said! The fear of taking a stance and actually doing something about crime in the city far outways the pain and suffering of the families of the innocent victims. The staff will do as they always do...sit back and wait for the memory to fade away. Then all is good again.
    St. Pete was once a place of honor, It can be again......

just curious

If anybody had cared - just how would a home invasion in which the bad guy shot through the floor, striking the man below been prevented? I don't believe any increase in pay, number of officers, great administration, city council or mayor will prevent random acts of violence.

Home Invasion

I will tell you how to prevent a Home Invasion robbery. First, fight crime. You know, like we all wan't to but are scared to because this group of administrators only care about one thing....ketting to 25 years before the coalition gets them. We are, by far, the most cautious and restricted agency in this county. Over the years, the criminals learn it by watching, reading and making complaints. They, along with the threatening inner city community "voices" have set policy and excpect to be able to continue to set policy. I am not saying that they sit around with Chucky and write GO's, but it is the single biggest factor when considering policy changes. We are trampled on by thugs, every day, because they know our administation does not support crime fighting. It's all about preventing a riot, LYING about crime stats to cover the lame ass policy and then brokering a few more years with the coalition so you can go out with 25.

Nothing is going to change. Ever. Goliath wins until the working man has had enough.

FTS!

I find it hard to believe that it was a "random" home invasion. I'm sure the criminals were driving around Child's Park looking for a "random" target where they would think they could come away with a good stash when they came down an alley and happened upon an old building with an upstairs apartment to complete their quest.

"Random"...bullsh!t. That's where enforcing the laws and closing down the drug trade might have an impact. No reason for the home invasion and no innocent victim.

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Re: just curious

Quote Originally Posted by ?
    If anybody had cared - just how would a home invasion in which the bad guy shot through the floor, striking the man below been prevented? I don't believe any increase in pay, number of officers, great administration, city council or mayor will prevent random acts of violence.
    Our fine officers of the St.Pete PD were allowed by the administration to uphold and enforce ALL of the laws, all of the time, and not just act on the news worthy crimes, well, you can expect a lot more of them then can't you! Simply, by allowing this kind of policing you have removed the net, the net that previously slowed down the criminal education system!

A person/criminal does not go from making a ham sandwich/smash and grabs to preparing Baked Alaska/home invasions, over night! The best time to arrest these folks is wile they are stilling making ham sandwiches!

And I would like to add our city leaders and police chief Harmon are derelict in there duty's to the citizens of St.Pete! I will not be surprised if the city does not get sued by the other side in the near future.
    MM
    Arrest them suckers!

Well hell, I was considering applying down there and trying to get into the DUI unit, since that is what I do up here, but it sounds like you guys have your hands tied in just about everything you do.

Hopefully things will turn around for you all. We also have a bad sheriff, but are hopeful that the next election will change things.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    Most of what little law enforcement actually occurs in Uhuruville, is done by the S.O, even though they have been "asked" by city management to stay out.

Moral of the story: Sell your house and dont visit anytime soon, the popo dont work for you anymore.