New Telemarketing Scam?

New Telemarketing Scam?

Okay, today I got a call from, "Police Support Funds," a non-profit charity organization. First the caller said that her name was "Lynn" when my wife answered the telephone. My wife handed the phone to me. Then the lady said her name is "Renee Stephens." She spoke with a thick accent. She advised that the funds help injured or hurt police officers and solicited a donation.

I asked "Renee" what unions her charity works with. "Renee" had no idea what a union was and had no idea what "PBA" or "FOP" were. "Renee" did say that this organization is throughout the "50 United States." I declined to offer a donation. Then 'Renee' said, "Well, don't you want to help police officers?" I still declined to help.

I checked Google and found nothing. I think this was probably a scam and have no idea how they obtained my telephone number (as it is 'restricted' because I am a police officer).

I just wanted to give everyone else a heads up. Maybe this isn't a scam, but I thought it sure sounded like one. I know that we'd never donate, but with comments like 'Renee' made about helping police officers, our family members might be more inclined to donate.

If anyone can please post if they've been contacted by "Police Support Funds," or if they have any other info

you say your a cop and you think this might be a scam? i think the scam is that you could even be a police oficer, of course its a scam Deputy Fife

"you say your a cop and you think this might be a scam? i think the scam is that you could even be a police oficer, of course its a scam Deputy Fife"

http://engrish.com/ to the rescue!

FD Bro'