Citations & Angry Idiot Citizens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Citations & Angry Idiot Citizens

I've written a steady stream of tickets without any problems for over 2 years now. After 2 years of problem-free ticket writing, I just had 3 angry citizens in-a-row. :roll: These 3 idiot-citizens argued and argued and argued. Where do these idiots come from???

One thing about this job is its unpredictability. You just can't predict anything. I went for 2 years smooth sailing, following by 3 idiots in-a-row. :roll:

One foreign woman (she's been here 15 years) pulls passed a stop sign on a 5 lane road, but she can't cross the entire street, so she stops in the path of oncoming traffic who had to stop for her, so now she's blocking two lanes of traffic. So here she is, blocking two lanes of traffic, so I pull up next to her and when I told her that it is against the law to drive passed a stop sign until the roadway is clear, she starts yelling, "But I was here first!!!" :roll:

So from a side street with a stop sign, she can drive all the way across Bee Ridge Road, pulling IFO speeding traffic -- as long as "she is there first"???? Where do these morons come from??? Then she argues by yelling, screaming and refusing to let me get a word in edgewise, all while she's blocking a major street??? :roll:

Send her back to Nazi Germany where a Nazi SS storm trooper can instantly put her out of her misery, right between her eyes. :lol:

Then she screams at me "I have a Masters degree!!!" Sooooooo what????!!!! Who cares???? What does a Masters degree have to do with this entire situation???!!!! :roll:

Idiot. :twisted:

If that idiot will argue with a uniformed officer, I pity the ordinary citizens who crosses her path. :?

Why are you arguing

There should be no argument there just give her the appropriate citations and move on. If she refuses to sign then we all know what happens next. Have a nice day and thanks for playing.

Don't let this loser German Frankfurter Nazi "Woman" ruin your day, night, week, month or year. There are TONS of assholes out there. You have been EXTREMELY lucky to go 2 yrs. w/out running into them. The odds were against you. It shows that you must do an extremely good job to have gotten this far before having to deal w/a few. Hang in there - just smile at them, knowing you won. :lol: :P

Re: Why are you arguing

Quote Originally Posted by SSO1
    There should be no argument there just give her the appropriate citations and move on. If she refuses to sign then we all know what happens next. Have a nice day and thanks for playing.
    Right on Sally port man. lollll. Youre the best bro

I see idiot drivers all the time who "deny" the violation. They refuse to accept it. They they take it to court and I love it when the officer has the violation on camera and the officer announces it to the court, but the citizen STILL denies the violation. :roll:

So then they play the tape and after the citizen sees that he DID commit the violation, they always say the exact same thing, "Well, I was pretty sure I didn't ___________"
    - run the stop sign
    - run the red light
    - cut that other driver off
    - etc...

The only way to shut them down is to get them on film. That's why I hope we get the red light cameras. Let them argue with the photograph. :twisted:

They want us to ticket all those other violators, but never them. It's always the other guy. :roll:

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    A police officer never knows when a traffic stop will result in an arrest because of the anger of a motorist being stopped for a traffic violation. Some motorist intentionally try to give officers a hard time and sometimes it results in their arrest.

Click here to read a newspaper article about this very thing.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by News Flash
    A police officer never knows when a traffic stop will result in an arrest because of the anger of a motorist being stopped for a traffic violation. Some motorist intentionally try to give officers a hard time and sometimes it results in their arrest.

Click here to read a newspaper article about this very thing.
    What is up with some of these citizens??? :roll:

The article is crystal clear:
    Denise Gates, a Punta Gorda Middle School teacher, was arrested and charged with resisting an officer without violence.

Officer Jason Hilden clocked Gates driving 47 mph in a 30 mph zone. He conducted a traffic stop.

Gates approached the officer, cursed at him and said "You are only stopping me because you see a black woman driving a Nissan Pathfinder." She refused to give the officer her driver's license and vehicle information, and walked away from him when he repeatedly asked her to stop.

Hilden followed Gates into the recreation center and grabbed her arm when she turned toward him "aggressively."

Gates began to tense up and hide her hands and arms, so the officer could not handcuff her.

After being warned that additional force would be used if necessary, Gates continued to resist. Hilden knocked Gates to the ground with a leg sweep.

On Wednesday, a Punta Gorda resident stood quietly holding a sign supporting the officer's actions. The sign read:
    • A highly educated teacher should know to obey a police officer. 47 minus 30 equals a ticket -- if you drive a Nissan or a Volkswagen. Way to go Punta Gorda Police Department.
    Gates maintains that she was not speeding and never swore at the officer.

Gates also did not believe the officer had the right to touch her arm.

She believed she did nothing wrong and wanted to go to her Bible study at St. Mary's Primitive Baptist Church. Her attorney said, "We think it could could have been handled differently. The police need to admit the officer used excessive force, he said."
    I would have done the exact same thing the Punta Gorda officer did. Do some of these idiot citizens really believe that we're going to just let them walk away from a traffic stop??? :roll:

Nuts. :twisted:

The leg sweep is classic. :lol:

shut your pie hole

I can tell you one thing, I am so sick and tired of people crying its a race thing :evil: . I'm sure this lovely black women is innocent too :lol: . She would never speed or curse at a law enforcment officer, HAA what a joke! It sounds like the punta gorda officer did the right thing and the poor black lady is lucky she did not get hurt. You know people want us to protect them and when the protecting involves writing them a citation, well then its a different story. Way to go PG PD :!: :!:

Re: shut your pie hole

Quote Originally Posted by sick and tired
    People want us to protect them and when the protecting involves writing them a citation, well then its a different story.
    If you write someone a ticket, then they scream bloody murder, but if you arrest them, they become as quiet as a lamb. It seems like it would be the other way around, but it's not. :?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast