Recruiting New Applicants
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recruiting New Applicants

Do any of you have any thoughts on what can be done to recruit applicants to the Division of Law Enforcement? Let's here some ideas and recommendations on this issue. :?:

How about going on the clock when you leave your driveway? Look at all of the other agencies that have it.

Salary comparable to other departments would be a good start

Ideas

have your recuitors go to Job Fairs, military bases,colleges and post at the Florida LE academies. You need to be a marketting type peson and a Sharp dressed cop with your campaign Hat.

1) Big video flat screen tv 27 to 32 inch surround sound

2) Have a sharp action recruiting video focus on traffic enforcement,ATVs,Boats,bicycles,four wheeling making contact hunters etc. Something thats gonna catch their eye. You know like a rookie looking for an agency type thing. Put it on a CD too hand out and put it in a information packett.

3) Have a information request attachment on the website so a welcome packett can me mailed to you.

4) At your job fairs have coffee cups,notebooks, pens,book bags--little trinkets too take home. Sounds chessy but just a military recruitor.

5) Last take FDEP Div of LE and break it away from that cheesy FDEP site. People cant even find information on that site without looking for an hour. Yo need good pictures,some music in the background and a real site so If I do a google search itll take right to it. All the other crap can be links on the actual site. Hope my two cents helped

I agree 100% with the last post!

First, get someone who is willing to go recruiting for people, don't pass it off to the "corporals" who can't figure out how to go anywhere but the office.

Get the message out about who we are. Great idea about a CD with our duties and perks of the job. I, personally, am getting VERY tired of giving people my business card with the DEP web address written on the back. Not very professional.

Give DLE their own web site instead of the DEP main web site. I can't even figure it out! People are relying on 90% of information coming form the internet. You have to get them in and keep them there. If I don't get 100% of the information I need form a business web site, I'm gone. This is important.

Make recruiting a big priority within the ranks. I for one, would be willing to hit the training academies, job fairs, etc. for new recruits.

Make recruiting materials available to all the field officers. We are the first people the public comes in contact with. We can either make it, or break it.

Keep the ideas coming!

first - bump up the pay!

then - how about a salary scale?

i would love to come work for your agency, but i can not afford the huge pay cut! even if i could afford to take a cut, why would i work for 30 years at the same stagnant pay?

GREAT IDEAS

Those are some great ideas. I was getting pump up thinking of the possibility of the c/d. I just hope that the information gets passed to O.P.E.T. and they can get it put together.

How to apply?

I'm with a police department, but I'm looking for something else. Pay is important, but we're the second lowest paid agency in the state so I'm sure whatever your salary is, is more than ours. Where can I get more info on how to apply and how hard would be to get assigned in NorthWest Florida? Does your agency let you transfer to another district after one year like the other state agencies?

benefits

I hear some good things about the agency, what are the benefits like? amount of leave, health, eductional incentive or prior experience pay? :?:

Benefits-good. 3weeks vacation after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10 years. 2 weeks sick time a year.

Health Insurance-good. Blue Cross or HMO.

Educational-POOR. Approximately $1000.00 year for bachelor's degree.

Prior Experience pay- Your joking right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast