OPPAGA report - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPPAGA report

Sex offenders never quit. They just get sneakier.

the quote:
    Absolutely not. You are not God.
    Risk class can be determined by empirical data early on. As time progresses the PO can provide input as to whether the risk level should go up or down, but the decision needs to be a consensus opinion involving more people.
    Drug testing is only needed if it has been shown the offender has a habit or the PO has a reason to believe the offender may be using.
    Therapy requirements are best left to the professionals. Unless you have a PhD in Psychology you don't need to be involved.
    Special conditions are imposed by the judge. If you want one imposed, take it to the judge and prove your case.
    What you advocate grants the PO entirely too much power. Power that will be abused whether you're willing to admit it or not.

Actually, I am God in the sense that I know this case better than anyone in the criminal justice system. The judge presides over plea bargains and never hears the details of what the guy did. We long ago gave up doing comprehensive PSI ( too much like social work not glamorus like LEO work) The SAO is just trying to move the docket and the defense just wants to get the most bucks he can from the case. I don't need a Psych degree to see the guy needs drug treatment, sex offender treatment etc. I can't take the case back to court without violating him and having him arrested and locked up for a couple of months before it gets back to the judge who can say yu he does need drug treatment.

Too much power that will be abused you mean like the president? Power brings with it responsibilities. Right now I have all the responsibilities and NONE of the power. If I am going to be held repsonsible give me the power to do something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12