Uniforms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms

Uniforms

Hey, what do you really think about the uniforms we wear? Do you think we need to change our uniform? What are your ideas on this issue? Let's here from you. :?:

Uniforms

The uniforms are to hot! Why do you want us to dress up in black clothes in the hot Florida sun? Upper Management does not have to wear these clothes and are usually in a air conditioned environment. Why can't we wear a cool polo shirt and decent shorts? The cotton shirts are unprofessional looking and always looked wrinkled. I thought we were going to have a uniform committee? It is sad that upper management won't listen to us, but they don't have to wear this hot uniform not to mention during hurricane deployments.

way hot

you are right the colors of our class a look great except for the cotton shirt with poly. pants, still dont understand that one.
    our own sister burreau even have pull over shirts for when they are field.
    when you're on a.t.v. or water patrol the 6 pocket pants are heavy and very hot. yes we do have 60 dollar a pair shorts but with a uniform shirt looks kind of funny. back to the shorts, what about the officers who cant wear them or shouldn't wear them, are forced back to the heavy winter 6 pocket pants.
    someone really needs to look into it. the uniform comm. are the only ones who wear the new 511 pants. how many times do they need to wear them before they can be approved?

but i hear we may get another fishing shirt this year. thats right officers cant wear them on duty.

A golf shirt made of lightweight cotton should solve the problem. Light tan should be the color. They are comfortable, cool, and easy to care for.

How about a thin, light colored T-shirt with the shield printed on it?

Youve got to be kidding

Im sorry I must speak here after reading your post on uniforms. You all have the classic community uniform with all embroidery no collar brass or huge badge and nameplate. You really do look sharp. The Black pants thing might need looking at but your uniform really looks sharp and I can tell you from a Sheriff's Office stand point. I am in a specailty unit and we wear polo shirts.

They really are so hard to keep clean and looking decent. Knowing the state budget. We have to replace them litterally every six month because of wear and tear. We are trying for a 511 shirt with embroidery. That might be something for yall to look at with the same colors. 511 makes some expensive clothes but the coolness and sharp looking attire are well worth it.

Do not degrade yourself to look like rangers. Just change material. Youre agency is hard enough to recognize and you should know that we in the S.O think you all look sharp. Lacking in the pay area but you all have an awesome job.

Thank you for the compliment. You are right we have a great looking uniform, big change from the F.M.P. all grey. All we need is a lighter utility pants for a.t.v. , bike and boat patrol. Polo type shirts would be great for hurricane details when you dont have the ability to iron and wash that often but not for regular patrol.

You are also right we do have an awesome job

Uniforms

We need a uniform that will wick the moisture away from your body and is light enough to keep you cool in the hot Florida environment. I know there are uniform companies out there that provide a much better uniform product than we are receiving from our current vendor. We don't need a uniform committee that is just a way to prolong a decision. What we need is someone in management who will listen and make a decision. I am surprised that someone has not had heat stroke due to the uniform we currently wear.

uniforms

I certainly hope that the comment about us going to a T-shirt was a joke! PLease!! Like the other post said...we do not want to be confused with the rangers.

I think our uniform looks great, the cotton shirts iron real nice if you put a couple of minutes into it. Nothing is going to be "cool" in Florida in August. I do however agree about the 6-pocket pants, they are uncomfortable, don't fit right, (lack of movement), and very heavy!

Let's keep us looking professional!! One of the local Sheriff's offices have their marine units wearing an embroidered Columbia shirt. This is a cool shirt that looks nice, something to think about.

I agree that the 6 pocket BDU's are a little heavy but, I don't mind spending the time and ironing the creases in them along with the shirts.

I went too many years with the 100% polyester uniforms. They make look great, but they are extremely hot in the summer and just as cold in the winter. And the sweat doesn't get soaked up in the material. Besides ,how many polyesters does it take to make a uniform anyway? :lol:

I think the only improvement to the uniform could be a lighter material for the BDU pants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast