Joe Bush - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Bush

Joe Bush

I was not a so called "friend" of Joe Bush, but I do know some things. Mr. Bush (Lt. at the time) DID have the mobile communications system completed...politics and bad advise from a civilian computer person derailed that program, not him. There is a lot of childish stuff going around here about Mr. Bush...The civilian that was terminated was done so after Lt. Bush retired...although he recommended it earlier on...people really should get their facts straight.
    Joe was a straight shooter, honest and never went out of his way to hurt anyone...he was a good Lt./Capt. and thus, made some enemies (obviously)....People need to get over it, grow up and learn what it means to be and act PROFESSIONAL.
    I am not standing up for Mr. Bush because he was a "friend", I am saying these things because they are the truth....the lies need to stop. The people from his old dept. need to keep their childish, cowardly back-stabbing within their own house...which really needs some help anyway. Mr. Bush would make an excellent Sheriff. People need to make their own judgments, and not listen to the reamblings of dysfuntional grudge-carrying children.

Did you ever wake up one morning and just realize that some of the people that you work with (including those wearing brass and those who have since moved on) have just never bothered to grow up? I read this website where people are supposed to be able to vent about problems at their departments anonymously. Instead I read comments from those who were not man enough to hash out their problems with Joe when he was here and even 5 years after he left are still afraid to confront him. It's OK, there is no reason to be afraid, Joe is not coming back here to take back his job, the one that you had to wait to get until Joe left. The reason why Joe was promoted before you is because he deserved it and you didn't, so get over it. But congrats to you because all of those people that you stepped on achieved you the glory position you wanted, and at such a small price - The only thing it cost you was your INTEGRITY! The City of Plantation should change it's motto to "The most dangerous place in our city is inside the police department!" As for now, I shall continue to wear my vest backwards inside the PD and take it off when I get out on the street.

P.S. HERE IS A TIP - If you want to remain really anonymous, you shouldn't say things on here that you spouted off about around the department. Example: Joe Bush has a G.E.D., that is a drop-out diploma. Yes, I remember you saying that!

I see that this forum has not changed; it is a place where people with no backbone can make comments about others, almost always bad and untrue. I discovered this site about 18 months ago when someone asked my wife if it was me making posts. Prior to that I did not know this site existed. As I said then, anytime I have something to say I will sign my name. I was never known for holding my comments, but you always knew who it came from. During my career at PPD Joe worked with me, for me and I for him. I did not always agree with Joe, but he was always honest with me.

Vance Currin

The few negative comments on here have been amusing to say the least. It's funny to think that some people have nothing better to do with their time than think of meaningless crap to talk about. I believe Joe's hard EARNED promotions over the years have hurt other people's feelings and they just haven't been able to deal with it or get over it yet. But let me help set the record straight, I can also guarantee that Joe is not a high school drop out because I did attend his high school graduation. I am his younger sister. In fact I spent the first 20 years of my life living in the same house with Joe so there are many things that I can attest to. And the lies that are being spread here simply are not true. Ever since Joe was old enough to have a job, no matter what it was, he worked hard and honestly. And when he retired as Captain, again, that was an earned position that he worked very hard for. He played fair, always has and always will. Maybe that's why all the negativity from certain people on here. Instead of kissing up and getting what they want they got the "fairness" instead. Grow up people. It's time to be ADULTS!!
    TRICIA

Joe Bush

After reading many of the negative comments about Joe Bush I can only conclude that they must be coming from the same people that complained while PPD was making it's transition to become a more professional police department. I heard the complaints then and I didn't even work in that city. This was back in the days where many of the local city Police Departments were trying to make their move into being a formally Accrediated Agency based on government standards. Joe was in charge of this operation and PPD became Accredited due to his work.
    Doing things the right way is not always easy and those who wanted to keep things the way they were weren't happy at all. I remember these days, the complaints, the officers moving departments or changing their line of work. When my department made the same hard transition I never could understand why officers would complain so much about having to follow rules and minimum standards. And I was only a Sergeant.
    Although I worked in a different Police Department, I have known Joe since 1981. He works hard, he is smart and he is honest. Over the years he has done a very good job for the officers within PPD and for the Agency itsself. He did't rise to a high ranking command position for being dumb.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    To Fellow Law Enforcement Officers and their friends and family;

I am a retired City of Sunrise Police officer who has known Joe Bush and his Family for some 4o Years. Joe Graduated from Carmel High School in 1976 I know I graduated in 1973. Joe worked his way up the ranks of the plantation police department through hard work and dedication to the Department and citizens of he City of Plantation. Although I did not alaways agree with Joe's decisions or his reason for a decision he would always have a valid explaination for it. I honestly believe that the " fellow officers" bashing Mr. Bush did have a personal problem with him, like enforcing the rules and regulations of the Department which he was sworn to do. Some people spend more energy fighting a regulation that it would take to just comply with. It is very appearent to me as well as it should be to all the readers of this site that there is a personal issue between joe bush and the " unidentified " author who not only speaks mis truths but doe not even have the guts to put his name to what he says.

THANK YOU
    S. ESPOSITO

Hey, sure looks like Joe Bush has quite a few more people speaking on his behalf, that is, alot more than the one nitwit that is bashing him with lies.

That is because he emailed his friends and family to please post something on his behalf.

"drop out " diploma

I have met more college educated idiots that people with G.E.D's. Book smart does not neccesaarily give you common sense or a soul. It doesn't make you a better person or a healthier one. 16 Years into my career with my G.E.D. in hand I have a great family,healthly children and live a happy life. What gives you the right to criticize me ? My bet it that you are nothing but a miserable bitter person with a big no dignity or pride. Go find a life and keep your opinions to yourself. Stay in Florida people don't need "your" educated kind in Tennessee

The Bushwacker

He is and always will be the BushWacker

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast