Deputies' safety

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Deputies' safety

Three cars (and deputies' homes) shot at and one set on fire.

I know some work has been done on this problem, but when are we gonna make this a priority and put some people in jail?

The statements to the press have been very reassuring:

"Any time a law enforcement officer is targeted, it is very alarming."

ALARMING! How about, "We are going to put all of the available resources of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office into finding the cowards who are targeting our deputies and putting their families at risk!"

"From time to time, our equipment does end up being vandalized, just like anyone elses equipment..."

REALLY! I've lived here 34+ years, and I don't remember hearing about the rash of plumbing truck vandalisms or Joe's Towing having his drivers' families targeted.

THESES AREN'T EGGINGS OF CRUISERS, SOMEONE OR MORE THAT ONE SOMEONE IS GOING TO KILL ONE OF US, A FAMILY MEMBER OR AN INNOCENT CIVILIAN BECAUSE OF THE MARKED CARS IN A NEIGHBORHOOD.

IF YOU ARE A DEPUTY AND YOU AREN'T WORRIED FOR YOUR FAMILY'S SAFETY, THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!

I'm not talking about bravery here folks. If some dingbat wants to take a shot at ME on duty, I signed up for that. This is terrorism, and needs to be a priority. Also, it is apparent that PINELLAS deputies ARE TARGETS. There are lots of take homes for other agencies around (LPD, PPPD, HCSO, TPD, etc) yet PINELLAS deputies are the only ones targeted.

At least Crimestoppers has bumped the reward up to $2,500 for information. At least our safety is worth a couple paychecks for the average deputy.

I'm also happy that the new Medical Examiner's office resulting in extra parking spaces. I'll be leaving my cruiser there for the time being.......OR better yet, I'll park it in front of Uncle Jim's house! Then we'll see how long it takes to catch those responsible!
    Ten6Niner for Sheriff in 2012!

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

wow

quit your crying and sack up,,,you have no idea what terrorism is about. this is isolated incidents that have gang mentality written all over them,,,Why dont you stop whining and take your 34 yrs you got invested here and leave----ten daaaaaaa niner

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

To eyespy

If you don't care about your family (both your relatives and your brothers and sisters in green), we'll chalk that up to one more demented thing that's wrong with you.
    Ten6Niner for Sheriff in 2012!

Sit on a couple of units

How about a few marked cruisers with UC around it. Sooner or later the bait will be taken.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    I agree with 69er. Our Sheriff is NOT taking the stance that needs to be taken on this. He should be letting the public know that he is working ALL of his resources on finding those responsible, and targeting Deputies WILL NOT BE TOLRATED. Be it a gang-banger or a bold gold-toothed dealer, we need to act quickly and with extreme prejustice.

I think its time for Coats to display a little backbone, which is something we havent seen from him.

weekly classes with Coats

HEY DEPUTY SHERIFF'S OF PINELLAS. I HAVE BEEN MEETING WITH J. COATS THREE TIMES A WEEK. TEACHING HIM HOW TO BE A SPINELESS, COWARD. SOON HE WILL GIVE THEM THE GUN AND AMMO TO SHOOT AT YOU. IT HAS BEEN A GREAT HONOR TO HELP SHERIFF COATS, LOSE THE LITTLE BACKBONE HE HAD. THAT'S IF HE EVER HAD ONE. HECK I MIGHT HAVE MORE BACK BONE THAN HIM.

Geez

Hey, at least Henry isn't Sheriff...............He's have Osama as Chief Deputy