delegates - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: delegates

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Well for you to come on here and say all those things is wrong. Spell check must not work very with because AINT is not a correct spelling for a word you should have written that will not work or something along those lines. Also, I do not have a no it all attitude or i would not be complaining. If i knew it all would I want better training? Im complaining because our organaztion mandated hands on training and we have only had classroom training since than. I am pretty sure i can to an outstanding job with anyone as my FTO. When it comes to reports I can very easily write correctly. It's very sad that "officers" come on here and write about a topic that doesnt pretain to them. I relish all of the delegates meetings. That is why I have helped raise thousands of dollars to support my post. I know all about law enforcement. Yes, there are alot of things in which i do not know yet. I plan on learning from those and that is why I have been complaining so I can become more knowledgable. If you read all of my post's you can see that I have appreciated the things I have recieved from my department and other departments. I have put it well over 1000 hours of community service. So, before you complain about what I have written get all of your facts straight. I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you have for me. One more thing, as you can see my grammar can be better when I want it to be although, it is still not perfect

officer comments

To Bullet,

You are a police explorer. You have zero knowledge of what happens when you get into the squad car on day one of FTO.
    I say that having been an explorer and a new hire.

That being said, the officers that have commented here are trying to help you with what they feel may be an issue. You need to pay attention because their intention isn't to criticize you as a person, it is intended to provide you with a chance to correct what could become a major stumbling block as you try to start your career. No deputy or officer that is asked to sit on an oral board likes to hear how they will be working for you within six months. It crosses the line between confidence and arrogance.

There are a lot of good cops that work at "low paying agencies" like DOT. They still have done something that very few people get to do, and that is take an oath to protect and serve. To emphasize my point, at last count, I believe ony ten to twelve people that I graduated the academy with are serving as officers. We graduated 29. Some of those not working right now even had degrees. That just shows that paper can never make up for substance.

You can take this to heart or you can let it go. But listen to the officers or deputies that offer advise, even if they don't work at your agency. You'd be surprised at what you might learn.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

well

Well I dont know everything but, I do know what goes on in FTO at least at my department. The problem is I never brought that issue up. THIS IS FOR EVERYONE THE ISSUE AT HAND WAS THAT AT OUR DELEGATES MEETINGS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE HANDS ON TRAINING AND WE DID NOT. So all of the officers on here that were not there and know nothing about it are wasting their time. I am trying to get my point across that we need better training at our meetings. As an explorer you learn the majority of the classroom things when you are at your regular scheduled weekly meetings. Delegates is suppose to be a learning exprience for all explorers and it should not be boring. We fundraise all year long so we can go to these meetings and state competition and also to nationals. So when I take time off of work to do a detail so I can raise money to go out of town and than I get there and its awful there is a problem. That is the issue here. I know within this next year i will be applying and going to the police academy. At the academy I will have a step up on everyone because of explorers and at the same time I will learn things that I have not learned in explorers. So im not on here saying I know everything but I am trying to better my knowledge and that is where my complaint comes in. So everyone must understand the real issue at hand and that is I am trying to better myself and all the explorers in my association.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123