Poor decision makings - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

"The internal strife comes from factions that include freshman officers and disgruntled men that know what to do but work harder at avoiding their responsibilities than working. The Chief may be at fault to a degree but you must realize that it takes a team effort to comprise an effective department."

Dream on rosebud...

Negativity is a cancer, and unfortunately most of the Officers at ZPD have it. And like cancer it spreads quickly and aggressively and is hard to conquer. This is not to say that “we” are bad Officers but that it is time to stop putting all the blame on the Chief. Take some responsibility for your own actions and happiness. There were problems with negativity before Barnes and there will be problems when he’s gone ! ZPD has always had problems with recruitment and retention and unfortunately will until we are on an even playing field with surrounding agencies (HCSO,PCSO,LAKELAND PD, TAMPA PD) which is up to the City Manager and City Counsel as well as the Chief. As far as the whores and crack heads in the city, Zephyrhills is not a one horse town anymore is changing with the rest of the world and unfortunately bring with it more criminal activity. Although things aren’t perfect they aren’t that bad. Do you think you would ever have time to go to breakfast with your squad, change light bulbs for old ladies, or for that matter read this poisonous trash on the internet if you were with another agency ,,, No ! So lets try for once to look at the big picture and stay positive. Remember that everyone you interact with has someone somewhere that loves and cares for them as you do for your Moms, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Friends, and Children. They are important to someone on earth,, and above !

Spare me the drama! He is the leader of this agency, not by our choice, and ultimitly responsible for this cancer. He don't care about nobody in this department but himself and that has been proven. He's in the "SAVE MY OWN A$$ MODE" and that is all that matters.

I've been told by citizens in the community that "The chief put together a great prostitution detail." My question is, who did you tell that to Chief? You suck!!!! You didn't do $hit with that detail and almost screwed it up with your mouth!

And yes, I have people that love and care about me because I'm truthful and not selfish like you!!!

"Look Chief my computer has "quotation marks" too!!!" Lets look at some other good quotes from dumb people;

"If the gloves don't fit you must aquit"- Johnny Cochoran

"Can't we all just get along"- Rodney King

"I want a liter of cola" Farva- "Supertroopers"

"This is my first time posting on here" Russ Barnes

While I'm at it I'll quote a good book I found-"The Communication Coach"

"Ten Things Bad Managers Do" (See if any of these fit)
    1) Embarass employees in Public- Yep
    2) Don't follow up on employee ideas- Oh Yeah lots
    3) Withhold Praise- Except to himself in the mirror
    4) Ignore Proffesional growth needs-Like cutting three patrol spots
    5)Demand unrealistic rules of order- "Chain of command come to mind?"
    6)Be vague and indirect- Too easy....("let me get back to ya on that")
    7) Show you don't care....again too easy
    8) Be all knowing all the time...."It's good to be king"
    9) Ignore individual differences...Uhhh Yep reward those most like yourself and punish those who aren't
    10) Never say your sorry or wrong....Well does this one even need a comment I mean really?

Now its one thing if his employees say things about him, but this was taken from a book on proper management....and it fits him so well.

We have a great agency and some of the best officers in our field have entered through our doors.

As far as the chief is concerned, he will continue walking down the path he is on with his fingers in his ears and nose in the air for he will not see the cliff as he is walking off it. Nobody needs to push this guy as he is doing a great job... heading for that cliff.

Words of Wisdom: If we must walk behind this chief then do not follow too close so as you cannot see around him for you too may step off that same cliff.

And Justice For All...

I apologize for not entering in this interesting dialog regarding your Police Department earlier. Allow me to re-introduce myself, since I’ve been busy with my Department’s annual inventory. I’m the party that is employed by the 1,300-officer department. I feel responsible for taking part in this fiasco but it was in the most constructive mode. Believe me your problems are no different that the majority of law enforcement agencies throughout the Nation.
    Each and every Officer in your Department has to assume the posture that he or she is the “change agent” (excuse the quotation marks) that will make the difference in the future of your agency.
    Being in the business for 27 years and elevated through the ranks to the position of Major, I realize that personalities, opinions and prejudice can infect a department as quickly and as deadly as any virus that we may fear this day.
    My observations are that Zephyrhills should be proud of a hard working and professional Department. I also have formed an opinion regarding some of the authors of entries made on the chat site. The officer that quoted TR is most likely a mature and ration individual, who is sincere and professional. He is a credit to your agency. One of the entrants who were extremely critical of the Chief seems to have a personal vendetta. Another was the entry that made the statement to the "concerned citizen." He too seems to have his values in order realistic and mature in his or her thought process.The above are the examples that were most compelling.
    It is clear that most of the Officers in Zephyrhills are hard working, professional and dedicated employees. I could go on and on about my observations but that is exactly what it is an observation, nothing more.
    All should focus on improving the morale and status of the Department and involve themselves in mature constructive criticism. All of us have shortcomings and make errors in our everyday lives. We have to be aware, observant and have the ability to bring to the surface the problems. They say, “ Don’t rock the boat” but if the boat has a hole in the bottom someone has to bring it to the attention of the skipper or we all sink.
    My Doctorial Thesis that I am presenting and hope to defend is the problems and tribulations of small department throughout our Country. You have all been of great assistance in the presentation.
    You for the most part I assume, are proud of your Department, constructive, professional and will strive to attain the degree of trust and faith in your community, no matter what obstacles may confront you.
    Keep up the great work. Remember “HIT” Honor, Integrity and Trust.

Why have'nt you discussed the issues you read about the chief of police? We are mature professional adult police officers but our issues and problems stem for our leader. Every issue or violation that is posted, and there are alot more, has gone on or is continuing to happen. The Honor, Integrity and Trust is still here amoungest the troops but "HIT" has been lost and will never return for the chief. I'm not talking about a 50% split throughout the employees, I'm speaking of a 99% rate of the police department employees have lost all respect, trust and the beleaf that he's ever going be able to lead this agency any further. With this happening and being ignored, it will surface real soon and yes, we will be back in the newspaper looking foolish!

The author you are speaking of who quoted TR, is the chief wanting all the public and employees eyes to believe is it someone else. How immature! Were not stupid! The other authors you speak of, are frustrated employees that are sick and tired of this particular leadership and are ready for a change.

There is a hole in the bottom of the ship, not created by the staff and we're tired of bailing water for a skipper that's not worth saving!

Wake up and take care of this "problem" before it's too late.

"I also have formed an opinion regarding some of the authors of entries made on the chat site. The officer that quoted TR is most likely a mature and ration individual, who is sincere and professional. He is a credit to your agency".

Hey chief, thought you got another post by us, huh? Explain how this unknown person knew this was a "He"?

Go ahead and keep making your posts and tell everyone that you're a Major employed by the 1,300-officer department (You Wish!).

Keep thinking that you're working with a bunch of rednecks and your so much smarter than everyone here.

Will you make three years? My money says NO!

I understand that Zephyrhills Water was bought by a FRENCH Company.

Could it be that frency water has turned ZPD officers into cry-babies?

One way to solve some of the immediate problems is for your Chief to fire the one or two of you that keep crap stirred up.

The problem with the last post is that they need to fire the one person that started all this crap at the PD. Do I need to advise who?

Were not looking at fixing the "immediate problems", were looking to fix the three year long problem and that will fix the immediate issues. Do I need to advise who?

You speak of stirring up crap but who is so full of it? Do I need to advise who?

If you answered "The King" your positively correct!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast