Poor decision makings
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Poor decision makings

I have a question for you chief, why are you thinking about bringing back an officer that we all have had problems with and has caused issues with our department? Go figure, should I've thought that you would make any other decision but that!

Chief, I'm going to help you out on this decision, DO NOT BRING HIM BACK.

We all will be watching and see if you bring him back and we will understand that this was done because you can't disappoint the city manager or you might piss him off!

Your decision making continues to suck!

THE NEW BUDGET

AR 15 Patrol Rifles (10) $10,000
    P90 Auto Patrol Rifle (2) 3,200
    Laptop Computers (3) 9,000
    Mobile Radios - Cars (3) 8,700
    Portable Radios (5) 11,000
    Siren/Light Package (3) 9,000
    Robotronics C/P Robot 8,200
    Talk-Thru Window Mike 1,500
    Satellite Telephones 5,200
    Dry Erase Board/Cabinet 2,000
    Digital In-Car Video System (2) 8,000

This is the first time I've wondered down surfing Leo Affairs.

I have been a major administrator for many years with a large law enforcement agency (approx. 1300 sworn employees). I have a couple of questions I'd like answered.

1, Why all the fire power? I Googled Zephyrhills and the size of the population of the City does not support the type and amount of weaponary requested in the budget.

2, Why is there no confidence in the Chief? Does he lack the leadership qualities to fulfill his position?

3, What style of managment concepts is he utilizing?

4, Is he respected by anyone in the department?

5, Does the chief have the necessary leadership qualities to run the department?

Answers:

1) We dont need these rifles or machine guns

2) He has told unprofessional jokes and the newspaper reported about him playing games on his computer instead of working. He has tried to railroad good officers. We have documentation on lies he told to cover his mistakes. He has little or no leadership qualities.

3) Style? He is a micromanager who makes empty promises to get loyalty.

4) NONE OF US!

We voted 100% for the union, not because the pay or equipment but because of him so be proud chief you have united us for the same cause!!!!!

Thanks for answering!!

I get the express feeling that you are dealing with an individual that does not have the ability to lead, let alone follow.

What is the robot that is in your budget? Is this a piece of equipment that would benefit the department as a whole? What is the function of this robot? Is it used for hostage or explosives
    incidents? Will it be used to the extent that it would be an asset to your department? How many incidents of a nature where a robot such as this would be used to the benefit of your city and it's residence. An $8,000.00 capital outlay is a great deal of expence to spend for a toy!

From your statement, it is evident the the tenure of your police cheif is limited. What is the rank structure of your department?
    How is the position of cheif filled? What are the qualifications that must be met prior to being palced in the position of chief?
    I am not interested in applying for the position. I am very content in the area where I reside.

I am however interested in promoting police professionalism and from what yourelay it is clear that the chief does not have the blessings of the informal administration, who is a keystone in the success of survival of any administrator. Is there a possibility that the Chief would re-evaluate his demeanor? What is the Chief's professional and administrative background? I have his name and could Google but I'd rather hear it from his staff. NO exagurations or conjecture, just facts.
    Remember your responsibility is to the public! Retain a professional attitude and standing in your community, regardless of internal turmoil.

4 year degree
    SPI
    chief of a 5 person department (equivalent to a sergeant here)

There should be a legitimate need shown for the rifles, robot, satellite telephones and video cameras to get funding for capital expenditures. Recommend repair and renovation, not replacement; why not fix the video cameras we have now instead of purchasing new ones?

As far as demeanor he will not change. The city manager never addressed the issues we brought to him. All we got for our troubles was more excuses and he got a union.

The most effective way to build departmental commitment and loyalty is to demonstrate how the department values employees by providing them with the support and tools, not toys, necessary to effectively do their jobs.

The chief has to realize that it is his responsibility to educate and inform citizens, business leaders and ELECTED OFFICIALS of the necessary compensation requirements needed to remain competitive in the marketplace. It is vital that the cost to recruit, hire, train and retain police officers is directly related to the benefit of public confidence and safety.

Inexperienced officers = higher citizen complaints, more automobile accidents, and the overtime drains the budget of needed resources.

The longer we suffer the more the agency degrades.

1. What kind of idiot would drive by the scene of an undercover operation and risk exposing those officers to possible harm?
    Answer: Chief Russell Barnes

2. What kind of idiot would order police cars to be delivered on the last week of the budget?

3. What kind of idiot would waste taxpayer dollars on unneccesary equipment?

A great police department serving a great city deserves a great leader, not this dime-store reject!

21st Century Law Enforcement - Zephyrhills Police Department!
    18th Century Leadership - Chief Russell Barnes!!!!!

Hey fellow :twisted: :twisted: SLP member, see ya in about nine days. You sound like you have a heck of a chief. Invite him to the graduation ceremony so we can have some comic relief. Hugs and kisses....

This is an ecrypted message to my fellow namesake. Terry says make sure your homework is done , **** forgot what he was saying in mid sentence. Um, Um, Um, and Brother Bob has a package for the Chief. Hope the liversausage is still working so we can drown it......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to top it off......this idiot Chief even imports spring water from out of State

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast