Circuit 12 Armed Class

Circuit 12 Armed Class

I just wanted to take a moment to give an " 'atta boy" to Mary Jo, Marcos, Dale, Paul and Sergeant P. on the superlative armed class they officiated for the last two weeks at the Manatee County Jail Facility and Hardee C.I. Thank you for your time, energy, comradery and professionalism. You made some very dry subject material fun and you instilled in all of us the desire to become not just competent shooters but safe and responsible gun owners as well. Tremendous effort!
    Aaron Lages

Good job thanks for postive input

thanks

WE ONLY GET QUALS FOR FIREARM TRAININGG THATS IT YEARLY

I JUST WANTED TO SAY WELL IT WAS NICE GETTING MY ONCE A YEAR FIREARM TRAINING SINCE WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY IN-SERVICE FIREARM TRAINING AGAIN UNTIL NEXT RE-QUALS. DOC HAS GREAT TRAINING AND THE STAFF HAS SO MUCH SKILL IN LEO TRAINING , NOT. :evil:

Circuit 12 Firearms Training

I believe the prescribed FDLE requalification is once every two years. The Department has requalification annually, which exceeds the prescribed standard and is in accordance with most other law enforcement agencies. Additionally, in Circuit 12, the instructors come from a variety of backrounds, both military and law enforcement, including corrections. If the previous poster (anonymous though he/ she is) feels they are being slighted or given sub-standard training, I would heartily encourage them to take the Instructors Course as well as the Instuctors Techniqes course and help raise the professional bar. I am sure you have so much more to offer law- enforcement-wise than the people who had to take time off from their own caseloads to re-qualify you. Nice "frowny face" by the way. Very macho and law enforcement like! You must be the terror of your circuit, Conan.
    Signed: I Like To Throw Rocks At Those In Glass Houses

Hey Aaron

Quit replying to that nonsense. I was hoping they wouldn't come to the new board, but unfortunately they have. It's the same group (or probably just the same individual) who pisses and moans because their cocoa puffs got soggy before they could eat them. Those of us who are here because we want to pay no mind to the babbling whining of people like that. If they want more gun time, they can take their gun to a range and shoot it all they want. But what they really want is 1) to be the cop they can't be and 2) to have everyone here hold their hand and give comfort hugs because they can't be what they want to be when they grow up.

They used to piss me off. Now they just make me laugh at how childish they sound.

Signed: used to be the "real cop" you'll never be.

polk county

ya from polk county we all know why you left.

bad training

well in c12 and i am sure everywhere else we do not do stress shoots or anyother kind of tactical shooting. we train the same way a normal citizen would go and shoot at the range. i love this place it is so far behind anyone else. the training is so poor and unprofessional. we have people that could never train at a real law enforcement agency so like anything else they do it here at fldoc.

F/A Qualification

Annual qualification is not training. You only get 16 hours of training if you can't qualify(remedial). The training is over @ the initial 44/80 hours. Daaaa!