Case Load equalization

Case Load equalization

DO you all transfer DOPO ANd Mainstream cases from office to office, irregardless of boundries? My office received 30 mainstream cases from a office 20 miles away today. It would seem to me the mainstream officers in this office are being punished because they do their job and violate cases. Additionally they are being finacially penalized for doing it, as they are having to travel past two other offices to supervise the caseload. The gas bill they have is much higher then most. Effective management is needed now, if the supervisor at that office had checked he would have found what we found, no supervision of cases. Oh well we will violate them for it. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Unfortunately, caseload "equalization" has been a common practice among offices in a circuit. No matter howi it plays out, once office always gets screwed while one office always gets what they want: a reduced caseload. Happens time and time again among mainstream and dop caseloads, not sure about CC and SEX caseloads.
    Best you can do is clean up immediate messes because it's your case now and your problem now. Never liked that philosophy, but that's the way it's done: he who holds the file holds the problem.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    I think it is a waste of taxpayer money to "equalize" caseloads so often. A P.O. can barely get to know a case before they get transferred under equalization. And DC has been touting that we "know our cases" better than any other LEO. How true can that be if 30% or more of any given officer's caseload has recently been transferred to them at any given time?

Caseload equalization should occur no more than semi-annually because as new cases are sentenced, or others are terminated or revoked, caseloads will naturally fluctuate monthly or even weekly.

The best solution is simply to give up on the idea that there are currently enough P.O.'s to supervise present caseloads. Trying to do "probation on the cheap" is no solution. Is public safety really a concern if management has accepted the notion that 90:1 caseloads are acceptable? And what about the fact that of those 90, nearly 30 in a typical caseload a new to the officer?

DC needs to be honest with the legislature and with the public and simply demand that there be more funding for a lot more officers. Once DC management makes this acknowledgement, then the legislature can bear whatever consequences may arise from their actions or inactions.

To VOPMan

I love your icon. That's hilarious. :lol:

Thanks buddy. Also check out my signature image in this post below.

that is funny

how do you make them

cc case load

Has anyone heard the latest? The power to be's are trying to get approved that cc case loads will increase to 50-75 cases per officer. PBA is trying to stop this before it becomes final.
    Can you imagine, seeing these cases? Especially on holidays. We are the ones that are being punished not the the offenders. We would have to work all holidays, never having one off just to make sure that all of these offenders are seen on the holidays. Plus can imagine reviewing all of their schedules each week. Checking their employment status, since they never keep the same job too long. Having between 50-75 cases will be a nightmare. Are we up to it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

that is freaking insane. there is no way that number of people can be seen weekly in the office and weekly in the field. that is either a way-bad rumor, or the contact requirements will be lowered. simply cannot be done. had 27 one time...drove me nuts. almost quit just due to the stress.

let's just hope that's a bad rumor floating around.

Someone starting rumors is all it is

Re: that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by that
    how do you make them
    I found them on the internet, copied them to my photobucket.com account and then use that tag in my profile.