Did the shoplifting NOPD cops get arrested?

Did the shoplifting NOPD cops get arrested?

On TV we all saw some female NOPD cops shoplifting even after being accosted by a TV reporter.

Question: Did they get fired? Arrested? Anything?

SHOPLIFTING

if it was for food no! it is not shoplifting considering the situation. but, if they shoplifted merchandise i.e t.v's, vcr's, clothing, and stereos YES! :evil: it is shoplifiting. they should be terminated and certifications revoked.
    different subject. god bless all the law enforcement officers that were affected by katrina. my heart goes out to you. it takes allot of heart and soul to pull off what you brothers and sisters had to endure. you have proven to all that law enforcemnt is needed and we need to be paid better saleries, retirement and have health ins.

god bless and good luck in rebuilding your police department and your city !

Re: SHOPLIFTING

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDA VETERAN COP
    if it was for food no! it is not shoplifting considering the situation. but, if they shoplifted merchandise i.e t.v's, vcr's, clothing, and stereos YES! :evil: it is shoplifiting. they should be terminated and certifications revoked.
    different subject. god bless all the law enforcement officers that were affected by katrina. my heart goes out to you. it takes allot of heart and soul to pull off what you brothers and sisters had to endure. you have proven to all that law enforcemnt is needed and we need to be paid better saleries, retirement and have health ins.

Your answer is THEORY; I wanted FACTS.

The female NOPD police officers had shopping carts full of merchandise - not food. They were clearly identifiable and should have been arrested and fired. My guess is that it did not happen.

I lived in New Orleans for years and often worked with the local cops. The good (honest) ones tended to move to agencies outside Orleans Parish. Corrupton and brutality were an open "secret." Very sad.....

Re: SHOPLIFTING

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDA VETERAN COP

What a load of &%(*!

Two black female NOPD officers were INTERVIEWED by a TV crew while they were SHOPLIFTING shoes, clothes, etc. and loading them into a shopping cart in a department store, with the whole thing on videotape!

You could see other shoplifters scurrying around behind them doing the same thing, as well as seeing the smashed glass front doors of the store. The female NOPD officers seemed to think it was OK.

It is incredible that they are not in jail. Although, in a town that re-elected Ray Nagin as mayor you might think that the folks of New Orleans deserve that level of "police protection."

How many of those NOPD officers who simply abandoned their jobs and left town were permitted to return to their jobs? My bet would be that any who wanted to were allowed to come back. They probably got paid for the time they were gone.

The corruption in the government in New Orleans is past belief.

Why would you have a problem with clothes or shoes? I lost almost all my clothing (and everything else) in Ivan in 04. I never considered shoplifting, but luckily FEMA didn't drop the ball quite as badly for us as they did in NOLA.

I didn't see the videos because we didn't have a tv during Katrina. FEMA did nothing for us. My insurance company totally screwed us, too, as did the crooked contractors who showed up to "help" us out of a bad situation. What they helped me out of was my life savings and we're still living in a house that isn't finished.

Like I said, I don't know what the officers were taking. I've heard reports that some were sent out to find items of necessity like food and clothing.

Been there, done that, and enjoying the 19" portable that a friend gave us to use until my house can be finished after almost 2 and a half years. I still sleep on the nasty couch that has lived through gutting and sheetrocking and sanding. Thankfully another friend gave my child an old mattress and frame to sleep on as until about 6 months ago he was still sleeping on an air mattress on plywood floors.

Don't be so quick to judge until you've been there, too.

A cop understands.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why would you have a problem with clothes or shoes?

I didn't see the videos because we didn't have a tv during Katrina.

Like I said, I don't know what the officers were taking. I've heard reports that some were sent out to find items of necessity like food and clothing.

What a faulty premise! "Don't be so quick to judge until you've been there, too." :roll: So only those who have murdered could judge murderers?

YOU'VE been there! YOU didn't become a thief!!!

The female NOPD officers weren't taking necessities. They were taking stuff like high-heel shoes!!! Those of us who DID see the video know.

Funny thing about the "reports" you heard. These women made no such claim. There is plenty of video that showed OTHER NOPD cops COMBATING THE LOOTING. This is at the same time that these two female cops were strolling through the store doing their PERSONAL lootingl

Notice too that your term "shoplifting" is not what was going on. It was LOOTING - a major crime in times of emergency.

These were ON DUTY COPS who were BREAKING THE LAW. They dishonored their oath of office.

Apparently you are a civilian who has no concept of how dishonorable this is.

:!:

FEMA did not drop the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why would you have a problem with clothes or shoes? I lost almost all my clothing (and everything else) in Ivan in 04. I never considered shoplifting, but luckily FEMA didn't drop the ball quite as badly for us as they did in NOLA.

I didn't see the videos because we didn't have a tv during Katrina. FEMA did nothing for us. My insurance company totally screwed us, too, as did the crooked contractors who showed up to "help" us out of a bad situation. What they helped me out of was my life savings and we're still living in a house that isn't finished.

Been there, done that, and enjoying the 19" portable that a friend gave us to use until my house can be finished after almost 2 and a half years. I still sleep on the nasty couch that has lived through gutting and sheetrocking and sanding. Thankfully another friend gave my child an old mattress and frame to sleep on as until about 6 months ago he was still sleeping on an air mattress on plywood floors.

You have no knowledge of government. Answer these questions.

1. When the people were told to evac from the city, why did they stay.

2. Why did not the great Mayor you have load up the 350 city buses with the citizens and move they north to a staging area. The buses were flooded out by the storm and destory.

3. Why did not the county management assist the city in the evac?

4. Why did not the state governement assist the county and city with the evac?

5. Why did the people act like animals immediately after the storm, raping, robbing and stealing.

6. When your governor was contacted by President Bush why did she say she needed a couple of days to figure out what she needed. The Federal government must have state permission to enter sit without marshal law?

N.O. sounds like a pretty F'd up place

Re: Did the shoplifting NOPD cops get arrested?

Yes they shoplifted, they had to. These officers had lost everything, they had no food or clothes or socks or shoes even for themselves. The stuff was already written off as a loss anyways, and would have been taken anyways. They weren't stealing TV they were taking clothing items.
    How is a female officer going to work a 15 hour shift for several weeks with no extra underwear or female products....she has to get it someplace.