New format

Thread: New format

New format

This site is terrible. Why didn't you leave well enough alone. You had a good format and you replaced it with one that is confusing.

Excellent Format

Actually, this format is far superior and much more flexible than the old one.

It is also the format that has been commonplace on most of the more sophisticated sites, including business sites, for years.

Once you get used to it you will appreciate how good it is.

:P

This sucks, its slow and takes forever to submit a post, I'm using RR and it takes forever.

Not slow.

From beginning to end, I posted this message in under a minute. Slow? I don't believe so.

:!:

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

sLOW

There's abell curve here... obviously your on the western end...
    KEEP TRYING ... YOU'LL GET THE NACK FOR IT...

Here's a hint.

Here's a hint.

Return to Message Board used to be at the top of the page.

It was replaced by Go to Forum at the bottom of the page.

You can ignore all those font color, font size, etc. buttons.

You still can include emoticons by clicking on them.

A Forum is a major division, such as TPD, FHP, etc.

A thread is a series of messages on the same subject within a Forum.

On the forum index page you can select from various threads which are actually easier to locate than they used to be.

The threads which have recent posts automatically move to the top of the forum list.

If you want to see if someone has replied to something you posted, look at that thread and see if your screen name shows as the last poster - if not, someone has posted after you.

None of this is difficult.

:roll:

Sysop

New Message Boards

Thanks for your support guys!

Remember, for the past 2 or 3 years our users have complained about the Boards2Go servers having pop-ups, Adware and Spyware on them and even the possibility of getting a virus. Boards2Go was never meant to be permanent and, frankly, their Message Board technology was left behind years ago. Comparing our old Message Boards with what we have now is like comparing DOS to Windows. It's a step in the right direction as we continue to expand globally in this computer age.

I like the new format, but it does seem to run fairly slow to many of the other boards I use. Good luck guys.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    The new format is a change, and as usual, change comes hard to humans and cops in particular. We like stability and the inferred security that comes with it.

I ask that you give the new format a chance, and look for the (many) advantages inherent. The ability to post pics, avatars, see at a glance how many views a posting had, and who the most recent poster was, as well as being able to navigate more quickly equate to a more user friendly board.

Breathe my brothers and sisters, this change is good, and is the future of our voice. The power unleashed by this platform is huge, and as we learn to utilize it, we need more tools to provide professional expression. The President of the United States, our families, LEOs from across the world, and your best friend can all log on and see what you left here. What do you want them to see? Professional wins the day every time.

God bless and be safe out there.