Employee Appreciation Week - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Enough already
    Jeans will never be put on the dress code. Get over it and move on. When is the last time you seen a police officer wearing jeans (who wasn't 'undercover')? Hmmmm??

As for Employee Appreciation - in our office we were asked to pitch in and help pay for our lunch. I guess it's more like "appreciate yourselves" month or something.

By the way, I appreciate working with professionals. If you can't practice common courtesy - you're not acting professional. When is the last time you said "Please" and "Thank you" to your fellow co-worker? To those of you who treat EVERYONE with respect and make this a good place to work - Thank You - I appreciate you. To those who don't ... grow up and/or go somewhere else.
    The last time I saw a cop wearing jeans was yesterday, and they weren't undercover and were on duty. Our local Sheriff's Office allows specialized units to wear jeans and a department t-shirt with athletic shoes. For example our fugitive squad wears jeans, career criminal unit wears jeans, and our SET teams wear jeans. In addition their are other police departments within our county that allow their officers to wear jeans.

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    Beyond all that, jeans were incentive to raise money through casual days. I am curious to see how the corrections foundation will do. I did not cancel mine like others did which did send a strong message albeit the department jumped back down harshly. Without the paid "real' casual day I suppose new people are just supposed to give money because it is their "duty" and it is the "honorable" thing to do. Come on people it is not what the department can do for you but what you can do for the department. We are at war you know. :wink:

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    as for employee appreciation. The department does not allocate funds for "appreciation". They expect the CA and DCA's to appreciate themselves. My office decided we would appreciate ourselves at our own choosing and not during reporting when it is inconvenient. Didn't the Mike and Mike show let us wear jeans during that week? Jeans, Jeans, Jeans people just forget about and get over it we have work to do.

My Boss is the sole supporter of his family

he could not afford to do a lot but here is what he did
    We each received a handwritten note about how he felt about us working with him, not for him, and a hershey kiss. Is that cool or what. Thanks Boss.

Whooptee Frickin' Doo !

Our boses are springing for PIZZA next week. That's just great...Kick @ss all year and try to make amends by buying a few pies?! Go Figure !!

you are a miserable ungrateful jerk

who should tell your boss you won't eat it. Get over yourself.

I would not go if I really felt like you do

I like my supervisor , we all work together.

Employee Appreciation?

Bull Sh_T.

These people will fire you at the drop of a hat to protect themselves or to make themselves look good.

Why not be honest about it and call it Employee Self Appreciation Week and give is an hour or so to have our little luncheons which we provide for ourselves.

No one cares about state employees. We are like a roof. The only time roofs get noticed is in a negative way - such as when they get old and need replaced, or when they develop a leak or when they get damaged in a storm.

So cut the crap and let us enjoy our hour (that sounded funny somehow) long little luncheon.

We are doing a cookout

AND THIS LITTLE COOKOUT HAS MADE OUR OFFICE LAUGH MORE THEN ONCE AS WE HAVE TRIED TO COME UP WITH AMERICAN NAMES FOR OUR FOODS. WE HAVE DONE THIS BECAUSE IT IS MEMORIAL DAY MONTH AND BECAUSE WE AS A OFFICE LIKE TO LAUGH. TRY IT SOME DAY AND YOU WILL SEE LAUGHTER IS A GOOD THING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12