CONFUSION IN THE INDEX

CONFUSION IN THE INDEX

There appears to be a problem in the Forum Index.

Under the "United States" heading there are some federal agencies listed, and then the word STATE, which I took to mean State Department - a federal agency.

Actually, it appears it was intended that this was the beginning of the listings for the various states. BUT, if you click on STATE you find sub-listings for the Lakeland PD and the Beach Patrol, which I would think should be down under the Florida listings. :?:

It looks like a little "tweaking" needs to be done. :?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Chip set up the board, but I thought I might offer my insight.

It appears to me that he left that area where posters could post about any "State Agency" from any state that did not already have it's own board.

Posters then posted a message about Lakeland PD, which does have it's own board and another message about Beach Patrol. Obviously the Lakeland post would have been better suited in the Lakeland board and I will move it there.

I'm not sure which Beach Patrol the poster was referring to, possibly DEP, but I'm not sure. So I'm not sure where that post would be better located at, but possibly at the main message board.

Hope this clears it up a little.
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Sysop

Headings

The new phpBB2 software allows for a single level of categories and forums within those categories. The trouble lies with there being only one layer of categories, so it's difficult to list the Country - State - Agency when we really need 2 categories. What you observed was a work around until we get a module that will allow for extra categories.

Good catch and sorry for any confusion until we get a fix.