Your Comments Are Welcome - Page 5
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: web sites

Oh come on isn't that M....'s web site? :?:

I wish I could say you're wrong, but you're not.

?

Well, aren’t you the sensitive one! Since talk is cheap, let me as you the same question. What are you doing constructive to make this agency a better place? At least I’m not sitting behind a desk and barking for my secretary to bring me some coffee. (sound familiar?) And I don’t have to talk about being a warrior. Unlike you, I actually am one. I work for the comradery of my fellow officers and for the welfare of the citizens, not for the advancement of your personal political agenda. Who do you expect us warriors to follow? You? Oh, Please!! Your version of us doing something positive is closing our eyes and pretending that you actually know what you’re doing. In your dreams! You’re doing a terrific job of making this agency look bad without any help from me.

District meeting Sarasota

Any comments on todays events with the brass ? How about more weekeneds off. Nice Job

I think I saw some love bugson my truck lollll - 1 gig

Thanks Doc

So, that’s it? That’s the best you’ve got? I’m sorry your arguments on the issues are so weak that you have to call people cry babies or bipolar if they don’t agree with you and your daddy in Tallahassee. I'm delighted that you know who I am. Thanks for proving my points for me. And what’s up with “…waiting to bayonet the wounded”? I think maybe you’ve been watching too many old war movies.

Re: Thanks Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    So, that’s it? That’s the best you’ve got? I’m sorry your arguments on the issues are so weak that you have to call people cry babies or bipolar if they don’t agree with you and your daddy in Tallahassee. I'm delighted that you know who I am. Thanks for proving my points for me. And what’s up with “…waiting to bayonet the wounded”? I think maybe you’ve been watching too many old war movies.
    You really don't understand how the political system works do you? First of all the director was appointed to his position by higher powers than you. Second, the director's and chief's are good and professional people, who do have a tough job and they do have your best interest at heart. You may not agree with them and you make not like them, however, remember your oath of office. You do have to obey and follow orders as long as they are not illegal, unethical or immoral. You can talk to the director's and chief's bring up ideas and solutions to make this agency better. They will listen but once they make a decision you need to move on and do your job. Why want you talk them and tell them what your problem is? Why doesn't everyone stop the bickering on this web site and try to make things better for this agency? You may not agree with everything that has been done in the past, but you know deep down this is one of the best state law enforcement jobs in Florida. There is no way everyone will be happy with decisions that management makes, You can not and will not make everyone happy and everyone knows that. You have an obligation to make things better by bringing up issues and ideas to the chain of command in a civil matter. I know by posting this you will say "See how manaagement reacts if you disagree with them," or something to that effect. Can't we just all get along, do our jobs, protect the environment and visitors of the State of Florida?

Re: Thanks Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You really don't understand how the political system works do you? First of all the director was appointed to his position by higher powers than you. Second, the director's and chief's are good and professional people, who do have a tough job and they do have your best interest at heart. You may not agree with them and you make not like them, however, remember your oath of office. You do have to obey and follow orders as long as they are not illegal, unethical or immoral. You can talk to the director's and chief's bring up ideas and solutions to make this agency better. They will listen but once they make a decision you need to move on and do your job. Why want you talk them and tell them what your problem is? Why doesn't everyone stop the bickering on this web site and try to make things better for this agency? You may not agree with everything that has been done in the past, but you know deep down this is one of the best state law enforcement jobs in Florida. There is no way everyone will be happy with decisions that management makes, You can not and will not make everyone happy and everyone knows that. You have an obligation to make things better by bringing up issues and ideas to the chain of command in a civil matter. I know by posting this you will say "See how manaagement reacts if you disagree with them," or something to that effect. Can't we just all get along, do our jobs, protect the environment and visitors of the State of Florida?

You raise reasonable questions that deserve reasonable answers. So, with all due respect to you, here they are. Yes, I do understand the political system. Yes, the director was appointed by higher powers than me. And yes I have to obey lawful orders, and I do. But when I took the oath of office, I didn't give up my citizenship or my right to express my opinion. And what I've witnessed has given me an opinion that is different from yours. I don't think the director is good, ethical or professional. I think he is a small man whose ambitions far outstrip his abilities. He never paid his dues as a cop, so he doesn't understand what it is to be one. His connections took him from college, to state attorney investigator, to sheriff of small agricultural county without earning his stripe along the way. Those connections got him appointed as the DEP/DLE director here over people who were much more qualified and deserving. He then went on to give high ranking positions to personal cronies who were as unqualified and undeserving as he was. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to support your belief that he or they have our best interests at heart. The reason most of us won't talk to them is we have personally witnessed retaliation against people who expressed opinions or ideas that were contrary to theirs. We've seen the director cover for his cronies when they've done things would have gotten us fired. We're not stupid. We're not going to risk our jobs and the welfare of our families to test waters that our friends and coworkers have perished in. He has told BEI that he doesn't want them to make misdemeanor cases because he doesn't want be known as "the petty police" (his words, not ours). He's more concerned with his own personal image and goals than he is with enforcing the law and protecting the environment. We've watched him and his cronies waste public funds on witch-hunts and on their own personal pleasure. Unfortunately the answer to your last question is no. We can't just all get along and do our jobs when our professional law enforcement obligations are in direct opposition to the personal and political objectives of our director and his cronies.

Where is Capt Gibson?

Capt.,

You started this mess, where are you?

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast