PBA is only hope for change

PBA is only hope for change

At first I thought PBA was taking hallucinagenics when they suggested seperating us from FHP, but ya know what, IUPA deosn't even know we exist. As it stands right now FHP will continue to be looked after and if there is anything left over we will get a portion. Time for a change.

I have mixed feelings about PBA wanting to break off all the state agencies.

First, I think it will give the individual agencies more bargaining power for raises etc., but how will the agencies have to justify it. Will it be performance based budgets, or public outcry toward lack of enforcement.
    Second, the down side will be seperation of state agencies even further. The 2 bills that were proposed earlier this session were shot down with very little consideration toward the "blanket" law enforcement of State Police. I personally think that a State Police would be a tremendous plus for Florida.

After seeing other agencies and their policies and training, I am very afraid of some officers getting seriously hurt or killed by thier departments lack of training. Department policy is also going to get some one hurt or killed.

The sooner all state LE gets on the same playing field, the sooner we can get taken serious as law enforcement.

PBA has CHANGED!

http://www.flpba.org/news_text1.htm#...tinct_messages

You have received $0.00 in contract raises. Maybe now you will see what the new PBA can do for you.

LOOK AT THE NUMBERS

PERSONALLY FROM BEING IN LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR A WHILE, IF THEY DO SEPERATE THE STATE AGENCIES, THE ONLY ONES WHO WILL DO WELL IS FHP. THEY HAVE THE NUMBERS, THEY ARE MORE VISIBLE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL STATE AGENCIES YOU ALL NEED THE PAY INCREASE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY I FEEL FHP WILL BE THE ONLY ONES THAT WILL SEE SOME REAL PAY CHANGES.

PBA vs IUPA

Having been in state law enforcement for a long time, I coution everyone to be careful about what you wish for. I was a PBA member for years and they did absolutely nothing for us. Several times we took them problems and were told that there was nothing they could do to help us. (One example is the 3% retirement issue for DEP Officers prior to 1994. PBA wouldn't touch it, while IUPA is in the process of getting us a hearing with the Division of retirement.) I have used the free legal counsel from both IUPA and PBA. IUPA's is 10 times better and much quicker to respond when you need them. Ask your fellow officers who have been around a while what the PBA ever did for them. I'm not saying IUPA couldn't be better, but if PBA wins the election and gets FHP seperated from the rest of us, watch out. We will be left out in the cold. That's my 2 cents.