Lakeland P.D. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakeland P.D.

hey newbie

It's obvious that Nucop is a new cop and doesn't understand the politics here in Mayberry. The chief and all the other department heads are in bed with the city manager. The city manager doesn't give a shit about what we or any other city employee has to say. All he cares about is that the departments come in under budget, no matter how it effects us, and that leaves more pie for all their pensions and allows him and the commission to feed the citizens a line of bull about how they are saving them money. The only way that we will be able to get anything accomplished is for the union to endorse pro police candidates for the city commission and help get them elected. The city won't even acknowledge the recent study that showed we are 22 troops short right now. Bet if someone produced a receipt for it they would have to own up to it. So know youv'e been learned Newbie.

I applied with your agency

LPD in the late 80's early 90's was the best of the best, cream of the crop....What happened?

You guys had the best moral in patrol, the best SWAT unit out there, the best K9 Unit....Can't we go back to the way it was?

I wanted to be one of LPDs finest!!!

I got stuck wearing green

YOUR BETTER OFF WARING GREEN OR EVEN A WAL MART UNIFORM.
    WAL MART HAS A BETTER PENSION, TO INCLUDE STOCK PURCHASES. THEY MAKE THEIR EMPLOYEES HAPPY UNLIKE LPD.
    WAL MART ACTUALLY HAS ROOM TO MOVE UP OR AROUND.

Re: Lakeland Police

Quote Originally Posted by MakinWaves
    The only way to save this place is to back your union to the hilt. A vote of no confidence may be in order.

Right--this union is useless--had the same problem with them with FHP---one of the lowest paid state org in the country and always has been--Hello pba, I guess they were out for a nice supper with your $$$$$$, laughing all the way to bank they are like a tick---once they bury in you that's it your done---you can't get them off---You need to WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I applied with your agency

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    LPD in the late 80's early 90's was the best of the best, cream of the crop....What happened?

You guys had the best moral in patrol, the best SWAT unit out there, the best K9 Unit....Can't we go back to the way it was?

I wanted to be one of LPDs finest!!!

I got stuck wearing green

HEAVENS NO!!!!!!!!!Haven't you heard----we need a change---If the wheel is going well--break it up and fix it BETTER!!!!! You know we have a new navigator-steering this ship---Problem is the rudder is stuck---round and round--just making waves

Guest above, I for one am very glad I'm "stuck wearing green". I'll be retired and gone soon at age 47 with a sweet state retirement package that I haven't paid a penny in to .. set for life and outta here! LPD used to be the best and are a shadow of their former selves. Very sad. Got a lot of friends over there. Thank you all again for your help on Sept 28, 2006. Was great to see you guys coming down Tenth St and Wabash Ave that day! I pray we never have to repay the favor but you can bet your a$$es if it happens to one of yours I'll be there, on duty or OFF, no matter what and no matter where! Stay safe, my friends!

Promotion

Promotions at this agency are a joke. #1 on the latest list should never have been released from training and has no real experience as an officer. She kissed enough butt to the right people to help her manipulate the system. She asks a lot of questions because she has no idea what she is doing. I'm surprised that she can function without her male counter part that she was always with on the road to protect her. She did nothing as an officer and someone should definitely read her FTO files. She cried to the supervisors because everybody was hard on her and out to get her. Maybe that's because she should not be a cop!! Maybe she should go back to her old job, something she is good at.

how can we rely on our leadership when two officer's just lost their job's for having problem's walking.....gee i can think of a third one who work's on the third floor. well guess i answered my own question. this is a shame , no it's a crime, where is the media? and by the way nucop the city manager is the chief. this place is unreal it's not 1930. does the elevator stop at 2 for the ledger unless a cop screw's up. we used to be the cream of the crop. now were the island of misfit toy's. happy holiday's.

CROW

The real problem started when Lawrence Crow sold his soul to the political gods. He was and is the most do nothing, don’t get involved human I have ever seen or been around. He allowed the misfits to run the Lakeland police department, then took the same misfits to the s.o.

LPD will have a difficult time returning to what it was unless we start hiring more responsible officers, that actually make the department look good. We can only do so much with the administration, but some of the new hires aren't helping matters. Hopefully the contract will pull in a higher quality batch of officers and make the department what it was.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast