Traffic Tickets & Politics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone have a list of Balkwill's buddies who we aren't supposed to write tickets to??? If so can someone make copies and distribute....hardly any of us have in car camera's to protect ourselves and it could save us some serious headaches.... Thanks in Advance!!!

Re: Traffic Tickets

AH! I guess the word is out about the latest huh? Everyone needs video cameras! It's sad to say, but without the video to prove his case, he would have been back in patrol the next day. All because an FOB complains about getting a ticket. It's horrible to think the video cameras are being used to protect the officers from complaints instead of being used for evidence of crimes! But hey, it's a political world we live in! CF, keep your head up buddy, you're a good traffic cop!
    Actually, I was wondering when this would come to a head. It is very unusual for a sheriff's office to push deputies to write tickets because... well... we're an elected office and tickets piss off the voters -- and if you accidently write the sheriff's friend a ticket (even if he's guilty -- that doesn't matter), then you will have political he11 to pay. :?

I don't write very many tickets. STARCRAP is pushing me for more tickets with their "informal quotas," but that hasn't changed me at all. I was here before this administration came in and I'll be here long after they are gone. If I write a ticket, it's because a violation happened and it's not to generate ticket-numbers for STARCRAP. :shock:

Just write them if they deserve them. I dont care whos friend you are. If your a cop,military,paremedic or family thats one thing but FOB. Yeah ok. Whats he gonna make me a deputy...oooh Sorry press hard four carbons

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Just write them if they deserve them. I dont care whos friend you are. If your a cop,military,paremedic or family thats one thing but FOB. Yeah ok. Whats he gonna make me a deputy...oooh Sorry press hard four carbons
    Actually, if I knew it was a FOB, then I would not write him a ticket. But that's just me. There are plenty of other violators that I can catch taht won't give me grief from downtown. :shock:

20 years and have written plenty of tickets. I have never gotten in hot water for writing one to anyone's buddy, including either of the sheriff's friends. Don't look for deamons where they don't exist.

1. CF wrote a FOB a ticket.

2. The FOB cursed at CF and said he donated $15 to the Bill Balkwill campaign and said "I'll take care of this ticket." :shock:

3. The next day, CF received a phone call telling him that he is being kicked out of the traffic section and is being sent to the patrol division as a patrolman.

4. CF produced the videotape of all of the above -- showing everything -- and making the FOB look like an idiot. :shock:

5. After Bill Balkwill looked at the videotape, CF was "unfired" and was told he can stay in the traffic section.

6. Without the videotape, CF was screwed.

7. Watch your political backs because the brass won't -- unless you have a videotape!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Z SSO
    1. CF wrote a FOB a ticket.

2. The FOB cursed at CF and said he donated $15 to the Bill Balkwill campaign and said "I'll take care of this ticket." :shock:

3. The next day, CF received a phone call telling him that he is being kicked out of the traffic section and is being sent to the patrol division as a patrolman.

4. CF produced the videotape of all of the above -- showing everything -- and making the FOB look like an idiot. :shock:

5. After Bill Balkwill looked at the videotape, CF was "unfired" and was told he can stay in the traffic section.

6. Without the videotape, CF was screwed.

7. Watch your political backs because the brass won't -- unless you have a videotape!!!!
    The whole incident is BS and it shows that if you pull over an influential person who is personal friends of Bill Balkwill, then you're screwed. Thank God that CF had a videotape showing the "moral corruption" of Bill's friend.

I'll bet you 10 to 1 that the videotape disappears or is "accidently erased" before the media gets a hold of it. If the media asks for a copy of the videotape, then it better be produced --- because it would be a shame if the media has to get a copy of the videotape through an undisclosed anonymous source. :wink:

CF was told "you are to report to the patrol division in two days." :twisted:

Without the videotape, CF was screwed. :evil:

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

I was very much surprised to read that this type of skunk reaction took place to a Deputy doing his duty. It really tells me how far some have to stoop and apparently how low the bar has fallen. Sham on those who had anything to do with this type of juvinile justice. Surely, they must know but not care that no amount of politics is worth punishing a sworn deputy for doing his job. These so called friends who expect favors for such small infractions, or any infraction for that matter, are not worth the least effort a Sheriff could afford. I know a retired Sheriff, who always paid the ticket in such incidents like this through out his career. I am not saying even this is right, but atleast he didn't punish his men for doing a good job. By the way he retired after serving twenty eight years as Sherifff. He had his politics right and the respect of his employees. I don't think either of those two are present in this case.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

buddy tickets

Now SSO is worried about tickets to their buddies, they better worry more about their buddys admitting publically they gave FOB 15K as a campaign donation. hmmm seems like I remember there are limited contribution amounts. Wait til the feds get wind of this. What a freaken mess this department is! Time for change out there and FOB's are OUT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast