Lt exam not worth it…..
Results 1 to 6 of 6
 
  1. #1
    Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    1

    Lt exam not worth it…..

    Only 15 positions available and they’re taken already
    5 FF from chiefs office
    5 military
    2 FOP

    only 3 positions to be fought fairly…..
    DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME.
    there’s already leaked info about it to promote FF

  2. #2
    Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider1 View Post
    Only 15 positions available and they’re taken already
    5 FF from chiefs office
    5 military
    2 FOP

    only 3 positions to be fought fairly…..
    DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME.
    there’s already leaked info about it to promote FF

    Nowdays and even back in the 90’s it is WHO you know not What you know. I say it again and again 09/46 max out on Def. Comp,7 DROP and Walk away don’t look back.

    This NEW contract is All smoke & Mirrors in order to retain Rookies beyond 10 years. Sounds very good on paper maxing out on 15 years.

    Eventually the City will Cry and bring it back to 25-30 years just like the County.

    Smoke & Mirrors financial urgency.

  3. #3
    Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by El papichulo View Post
    Nowdays and even back in the 90’s it is WHO you know not What you know. I say it again and again 09/46 max out on Def. Comp,7 DROP and Walk away don’t look back.

    This NEW contract is All smoke & Mirrors in order to retain Rookies beyond 10 years. Sounds very good on paper maxing out on 15 years.

    Eventually the City will Cry and bring it back to 25-30 years just like the County.

    Smoke & Mirrors financial urgency.


    Yes, the city will come back and cry. We all know they can't be trusted. They lied once (if not more) about being broke. Then played games over the repayment owed. Those wanting to run now Metro, come 2024 big changes coming to the department. Some cites covered by them, are looking to start the own public safety. Metro will become Dade, county sheriff department.

  4. #4
    Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    Yes, the city will come back and cry. We all know they can't be trusted. They lied once (if not more) about being broke. Then played games over the repayment owed. Those wanting to run now Metro, come 2024 big changes coming to the department. Some cites covered by them, are looking to start the own public safety. Metro will become Dade, county sheriff department.
    Where did you get this information from? Please elaborate...The Commish waits.

  5. #5
    Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Where did you get this information from? Please elaborate...The Commish waits.

    Which part, About Metro? MDPD, in 2024 will be no more. They will become Dade County sheriff department. Like all other counites, the sheriff's department contracts will cities to provide police serves. If the price is right. As it stands now the mayor, of Dade County is the top cop. (which I wasn't aware of) He appoints the director. Come 2024 they will be a vote, from the community to elect a Sheriff. Now, I believe everything will pretty much stay the same except for who elected. Patches on uniforms will be changed and new vehicle ID'S. Some say, retirement and pay going forward will also be different. Pay maybe, I can't see those with many years on, getting enter coursed (fu@ked over) on their retirement.

    Where I read this was, I place MDPD news on Bing and it was one of the stories.

  6. #6
    Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    45
    [QUOTE=oldman;3344864]Which part, About Metro? MDPD, in 2024 will be no more. They will become Dade County sheriff department. Like all other counites, the sheriff's department contracts will cities to provide police serves. If the price is right. As it stands now the mayor, of Dade County is the top cop. (which I wasn't aware of) He appoints the director. Come 2024 they will be a vote, from the community to elect a Sheriff. Now, I believe everything will pretty much stay the same except for who elected. Patches on uniforms will be changed and new vehicle ID'S. Some say, retirement and pay going forward will also be different. Pay maybe, I can't see those with many years on, getting enter coursed (fu@ked over) on their retirement.

    Where I read this was, I place MDPD news on Bing and it was one of the stories.[/QUOT


    Besides the new sheriff elect that was voted in 2018 (Amendment 10), The Commish can see that your information is anecdotal at best.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •