Guess

Thread: Guess

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Guess

Any guesses on what date or month Tony will be removed. And yes, he will be removed. If not he/ Tony wouldn't be able to terminate any deputy for false reporting. So yes, removal is in the planning.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
    Any guesses on what date or month Tony will be removed. And yes, he will be removed. If not he/ Tony wouldn't be able to terminate any deputy for false reporting. So yes, removal is in the planning.
    He will still terminate someone for that. Everyone is accountable EXCEPT for him. He has made that clear. I would guess September. The Florida Ethics Commission has a meeting in April, June, July, then September. Will need a few meetings to recommend his fate which should be removal.

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by Toney Baloney View Post
    He will still terminate someone for that. Everyone is accountable EXCEPT for him. He has made that clear. I would guess September. The Florida Ethics Commission has a meeting in April, June, July, then September. Will need a few meetings to recommend his fate which should be removal.
    Good point, but does the Governor have to wait for this procedure? I figured he could remove anytime and then a follow up of approval by the state. Like with Israel. That clown can inflict a lot more damage between now and September as sheriff.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
    Good point, but does the Governor have to wait for this procedure? I figured he could remove anytime and then a follow up of approval by the state. Like with Israel. That clown can inflict a lot more damage between now and September as sheriff.
    The gov effed up by putting him in and he knows it. Already said he would not remove him based on what was known previously. The FDLE report only confirmed what we had heard. Since nothing yet (come on Feds!) has shown he committed a crime while in office, and he has not shown the level of malfeasance Israel did (we have not had an event yet to show that) it comes down to ethics. His lying and other tactics to avoid detection of previous crimes shows a propensity for lying, and other things, while possibly grounds themselves for removal by the governor directly, politically he doesn't want it to look like he is wiping off the egg from his face. By having the ethics commission rule he should be removed, it makes it look like the governor is just following the "sound" advice of the commission.