Removal

Thread: Removal

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Removal

Let's see and hope that the Governor does the right thing and remove Tony. It was proven that Tony committed many crimes, but statute of limitations prevents him from being charged. So, crimes were committed, meaning there must be accountability and Tony removed. Other sheriffs in the state in the past have been removed in the past for less offenses. If he is not removed, there is a dangerous precedent that a person can commit a crime lie about it and be the county sheriff. Is this what Broward has come to be? Weird how the rules for Leo Affairs changed just before this announcement and Jeff Bell terminated. Is this all to protect Tony?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
    Let's see and hope that the Governor does the right thing and remove Tony. It was proven that Tony committed many crimes, but statute of limitations prevents him from being charged. So, crimes were committed, meaning there must be accountability and Tony removed. Other sheriffs in the state in the past have been removed in the past for less offenses. If he is not removed, there is a dangerous precedent that a person can commit a crime lie about it and be the county sheriff. Is this what Broward has come to be? Weird how the rules for Leo Affairs changed just before this announcement and Jeff Bell terminated. Is this all to protect Tony?
    It's only the right thing to do. You can't show the citizens AND entire law enforcement community its ok to lie. Removal is the only option for Desantis at this point, the hardest part should be is deciding who will take his spot until the election.

This guy just needs to go. There are people in drop now who I have spoken to who are close to saying to say hell with this and leave. A lot. That would devastate the agency. Burn out will follow for the rest who remain and they will leave. This guy and the entire command staff are destroying the agency. They disbanded Economic Crimes because they don't have enough detectives to handle the violent crimes/homicides. And crime is up everywhere in Broward (not to mention other democratic run places) because the cops can't and won't do the police work needed to keep people safe. 4 brothers deep in that brand new Infiniti or Mercedes, yep, just keep on going 75 down a district street. I'll wait for the nice white woke person to give my ticket to. Can't get in trouble for a FTY or pursuit if it never happened!!! And the white woke complaint? Not worried, my BWC will keep me out of that trouble.
    Last edited by Toney Baloney; 02-15-2022 at 01:37 AM.