Pinellas deputy arrested after lying about beating handcuffed inmate, sheriff says - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. The sheriff recently had all LTs in readoff trying to tell deputies to be more old school, because he didn’t like shit bags getting in our faces and not respecting the star. Basically, taking care of business. After this ordeal, I wouldn’t go old school on anybody when the sheriff doesn’t have your back.

It’s all talk. Guarantee that the sheriff or his command staff watches a deputy take care of business, it’s your butt on the line. They will crucify you, arrest you, put you on the news, and then strip you of all your benefits. This would be done in a blink of an eye.

It’s ok if the sheriff does it but god help you if you do it.
    Well said. Every time you have a use of force your job and freedom are on the line because someone in your COC might look at the video or report and disagree calling it excessive force. Then your goose is cooked as it goes to IAD and the sheriff because they will not back you up. Sheriff Bob Gualtieri might say one thing but when the chips are down he will backstab you in a heartbeat because he is a lawyer politician not a cop.

Unregistered
    The whole administration is based on lies so why pick on this sergeant?

Unregistered
    The whole administration is based on lies so why pick on this sergeant?
    Because they made him the example. No one is safe. I’ve seen golden boys that were on fast track and I’ve seen them get slapped down. These people aren’t your friends.

Unregistered
    Because they made him the example. No one is safe. I’ve seen golden boys that were on fast track and I’ve seen them get slapped down. These people aren’t your friends.
    I'd rather take a hit from an inmate but keep my job.

Unregistered
    Who’s the deputy who poisoned another deputy at the courthouse . Why was she saved
    That’s was deputy T.Morgan

Unregistered
    That’s was deputy T.Morgan
    https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/lo...e/67-376071545

Here's the story. Good thing for her she only tried to poison a co-worker rather than getting a DUI and getting fired. Maybe she can get assigned to the courthouse cafe.

"Officials at the sheriff's office say they have a progressive disciple system that depends on a variety of things, including any prior disciplinary actions. The sheriff makes the final decision."

Apparently DUIs are the only exception to due process. Poisoning is not a termination offense even though it is a first degree felony. Wonder if Car1 would have been that lenient if someone had tried to poison him.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Is there an appearance of double standards, between patrol and corrections? Patrol gets away with a bit more, not always. Less cameras, on the street then in the jails. Both jobs are stressful. Once one is in cuffs and they are not kicking, spiting but just running their pie hole. The beating needs to stop. It isn't worth you job or freedom. The administration and white hall (known as the Sheriff administration building) have little knowledge, of what's goes on inside the jail. It's been stated that upper staff should work the floors as a C/O to get a hand on approached and see what the correctional officer deal with, just about every day. Place someone in command, that's not a pollical azz kisser but been in correction and worked all the ranks. Being in an outsider. Give that person time to make, worthwhile changes. It's not that the S.A.B., isn't aware of most of the issues and problems, we face. It's just not in theirs face. The so-called buck, stops at the Sheriff's desk and then it's kicked back, go after a correctional office or Sgt. Now patrol uses creative writing not all the time. we've read some of the: "A " reports How some of these make it the state attorney, then judge. I guess they find a lot of humor, it some reports.

Patrol has no use for correction, it's been said time and time again. Your looked down upon. I think to correct this divide. The patrols command should start assigning patrol deputies, to correction for a min of 10 weeks. Let's see if they have the same attitude, after that time. Oh no F&F pulling for you. you work the floors with the same suck days off. Lock in a pod or wing. Be mice to the kitchen staff, you eat what they cook or bring your own. No running down the block for your meal.

Let the b@tching start, you opinion is welcome. Be professional!!!!!

I've worked both the jail and the road. Yes, patrol should work 4 months every couple of years in the jail. All new hires, doesn't matter if they are applying for the patrol division, should have to do 1-2 years in corrections. It will never happen, The Sheriff hates corrections and doesn't have the backbone, beside no positive press for him. It would give patrol a whole new outlook on corrections.

Ok, as stated let the bit@h fest begain!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234