Happy thanksgiving - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s called friend of a friend appointment and he will never have respect from the field.
    I bet that 30k pay raise makes it easy to tune out what a disgruntled person in South Florida thinks about that promotional decision. Try harder next time and until then buh-bye.

Unregistered
    Dialogue is good. The administration may not know every person and they really don’t need to. Look at it like this. The chief wants to know who the best person for a position is. The chief asks the Major, hey who would be good or best as____.
    The major talks with the captains and the captains talk to the lieutenants. The input from the field helps point the chief in the right direction. It’s simple really. This way decisions can be made on work product, lack of corrective discipline,team player, positive attitude, education, you know stuff that matters. I think every SES should resign and let the chief pick new. I bet with one or two exceptions they would all be reappointed. Now back to your problem. Since you are not advocating for all, what position receives direct appointment that you wanted to apply for? Maybe you should prepare yourself for promotion instead of complaining about it.
    How can you prepare for a promotional process when there is none. We have lots of LTs that have been doing seths job for years - backgrounds training etc who would have loved the opportunity to apply. And none of the captains have been asked about that position. Maybe his captains as asked but that was it.

Unregistered
    How can you prepare for a promotional process when there is none. We have lots of LTs that have been doing seths job for years - backgrounds training etc who would have loved the opportunity to apply. And none of the captains have been asked about that position. Maybe his captains as asked but that was it.
    He is the perfect person for the job. As I said before, he's a good man, smart, articulate, hard worker, and loyal. He marketed himself in a way that made him rise to the top and get noticed. You can complain all you want but it's not doing you or anybody any good.

Unregistered
    He is the perfect person for the job. As I said before, he's a good man, smart, articulate, hard worker, and loyal. He marketed himself in a way that made him rise to the top and get noticed. You can complain all you want but it's not doing you or anybody any good.
    Your not going to win here. He may be the perfect man but you’ll never know cause the opportunity was never offered to anyone else. Period.

Unregistered
    You just keep being you. Maybe you should call the old man. He seems to have a knack getting people promoted. Maybe he will take your case too.

Unregistered
    Your not going to win here. He may be the perfect man but you’ll never know cause the opportunity was never offered to anyone else. Period.
    I am bored. You are punching way above your weight class. If someone else joins in, I will come back. In the meantime I will be pulling the boat around to take my wife fishing. Happy Black Friday to you and yours

Unregistered
    This is life and life ain't fair. Deal with it. JW is playing by the rules and all of his decisions have been approved all the way to the secretary's office.

As for offering the jobs to other people, it is not required. They are SES positions and the people who accepted them understood the risks. It might work out for them, it might not.

A good piece of advice would be this... worry about yourself. Do your job and be humble. If you are concerned that you didn't have an opportunity to promote or you weren't asked if you were interested in the position too, maybe you should look in the mirror. For now though, Seth is the man for the job and you were not. PERIOD.

Unregistered
    This is life and life ain't fair. Deal with it. JW is playing by the rules and all of his decisions have been approved all the way to the secretary's office.

As for offering the jobs to other people, it is not required. They are SES positions and the people who accepted them understood the risks. It might work out for them, it might not.

A good piece of advice would be this... worry about yourself. Do your job and be humble. If you are concerned that you didn't have an opportunity to promote or you weren't asked if you were interested in the position too, maybe you should look in the mirror. For now though, Seth is the man for the job and you were not. PERIOD.
    you is a triggered snowflake

Unregistered

So there you have it. Seth weather your here a year or 15 you will have zero respect.

Unregistered
    So there you have it. Seth weather your here a year or 15 you will have zero respect.
    I am certain he knows the difference between weather and whether. You? Seems unlikely. Your respect is not needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast