Why do Staff Members think they are entitled to remain in their positions forever? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sailor, I'm back in town for a short trip. I had a sit down with those in the decision making and I just might answer, your cries for leadership. They agreed to keep the pay, the fired one was getting and are willing to pay for my move back here. No more handouts, time for this hero, to take the helm and right this sinking ship. You need to earn your tittles and prove to me, that your up to the leadership needed. Those that served in my beloved, Navy will get first consideration for staff rolls.

When I enter a room, all talking will stop and you all will come to attention and hold your salute, till I return it. That is rule #1. I plan to increase staff to supervise, lesser number of officers, for more accountability. I'll be taking a page out of the New York P.D. play book. Detectives will make all arrest, patrol will answer calls for service, write reports and/or transport those getting arrested, to the detectives for process. Patrol will be responsible for traffic; 1st contact with those in need of assistance, first report, park-n-walks and any other needs that the detectives have. NO MORE BEARDS! Uniform patrol will look sharp, smart and professional. Only ONE uniform will be worn, all will be the same. Those that have issue with any of this. Leave for McDonalds before I arrive. Oh, one last thing days (A shift) will work 5 days, 8 hour shifts, as well as all special units will be 8 hour shift, rotating days off every month to NOT include full weekends off. "B" and "C" shift will remain 10. If you have any question or concerns, feel free to keep them to yourself. Time to man up and be the professional, the community wants and demands. Free rides are over!!!!

SUBMARINE AIRBORNE, WOOYAY!

Leadership at a good price. I’m in.

Unregistered
    If you had a staff position, wouldn't you want to keep it for as long as your can? Most appointed positions here, don't always go the best. It's F&F, who you know and blow. For the amount of work, they do. I think their pay is too high. Sure, they may be over a X-number of officers. Yet, it's easier for them, to write you up, so they look like department players. You either one of their friends or pets or you got nothing coming.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you had a staff position, wouldn't you want to keep it for as long as your can? Most appointed positions here, don't always go the best. It's F&F, who you know and blow. For the amount of work, they do. I think their pay is too high. Sure, they may be over a X-number of officers. Yet, it's easier for them, to write you up, so they look like department players. You either one of their friends or pets or you got nothing coming.
    Yes but you are missing the point.

Everyone wants to keep their appointed executive position but the prime example is Simmons case. She got demoted and wants to sue and cry. Doesn’t she understand it was an at will position???? Same way she got demoted out of thin air she can get demoted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123