Your Pay is Sad!

Unregistered

Your Pay is Sad!

Hey Troopers

I moved from a Northern State a few months back… 7 year veteran of L.E and I love working traffic, interstate interdiction trained, and a Certified DRE. Was bummed to find out the pay so I didn’t apply.

I understand the OT is there if you want it. but when I was told id be getting $41,000 starting I had to go to a large city agency for $20,000.00 / year more starting. I feel terrible for you guys. On my way to work nobody moves over and you guys are drowning in crashes. Pulling for you guys to get a raise!

Unregistered
    You made a smart choice not applying. Had a step plan in the early 90s that became unfounded. The state retains enough to keep operations running smoothly so it will never be funded. All we hope is a 3 percent each year but like last year it did not happen. If the city and SO did not work the holding crashes, we would be none stop with ever ending crashes.

What keeps us is the 208 and management doesn’t mind sitting on crashes to investigate them thoroughly. I’ve learned over the years and will not recruit anyone even though it’s an easy gig. It’s like the old saying you get paid for what you do.

These rookies think a pay plan or judge governor raise is coming but don’t get it can’t change drastically due to the job responsibilities or substantial cost of living difference in the state. 208 ends up getting people locked in due to living above their means.

Unregistered
    I got used to living in my trailer and drinking Busch beer. I drive an old F150 and turn off the AC during the day when Im at work.. I call out sick my 2 days a month and milk my crashes. I drive right past disable vehicles and hide as much as I can
    They get what they pay for, sad but is reality.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I got used to living in my trailer and drinking Busch beer. I drive an old F150 and turn off the AC during the day when Im at work.. I call out sick my 2 days a month and milk my crashes. I drive right past disable vehicles and hide as much as I can
    They get what they pay for, sad but is reality.

U need to work some 208 to get that AC working again. I just purchased a new 2021 f150 platinum and loving life. Been on 10 years and enjoying my stripes just not my salary. Gotta live in that charger more than that new truck making more on 208 than salary. I’m still proud to approve those crash reports can’t get any easier. We get paid for our responsibilities on the roadways.