Lateral

Thread: Lateral

Unregistered

Lateral

I’m a policeman in NY. I would like to move to Florida. Right now I’m working on the equivalency of training process so I’ll have my FL certification with out going through an academy.

I see FHP has the 4 week lateral program for officers with 2 plus years of service. Does anyone have any info on this program? Do troopers that went through the full academy treat laterals different? Thanks

Unregistered
    States like Florida are the place to be for law enforcement officers these days. It's very much more pro police than where you are coming from. It will be night and day from where you are working now. The down side is that the pay and benefits are probably nowhere near what you are getting in NY. The lateral recruit class program is a great idea in my opinion. Like you said, it's about 4 weeks long. Once they get 10 or 15 lateral applicants that pass the requirements, they will start a class in a few weeks. So you would have to be ready to go on short notice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m a policeman in NY. I would like to move to Florida. Right now I’m working on the equivalency of training process so I’ll have my FL certification with out going through an academy.

I see FHP has the 4 week lateral program for officers with 2 plus years of service. Does anyone have any info on this program? Do troopers that went through the full academy treat laterals different? Thanks
    Whatever you do, keep that liberal garbage and NY attitude up north! I hate nothing more than northerners complain “well in New York, we do this ..” screw that. Y’all can’t drive and have ****y attitudes. You’re in a new state with new rules. Don’t like it? Go move to Maine.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Whatever you do, keep that liberal garbage and NY attitude up north! I hate nothing more than northerners complain “well in New York, we do this ..” screw that. Y’all can’t drive and have ****y attitudes. You’re in a new state with new rules. Don’t like it? Go move to Maine.
    Stfu troll.

Unregistered
    Lateral is 4 weeks in FHP academy. I would suggest going to a department that is willing to pay you for your experience. Departments like Orange County SO, Tampa PD, MDPD, Orlando PD, Palm Beach SO, etc. If you don’t care about the pay, FHP is a decent place to work. Good luck.