True or Not True! Just the Facts Please.

Unregistered

True or Not True! Just the Facts Please.

Troopers cannot be written up or counseled for refusing to write citations due to a legislative mandate.

Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Troopers do not work any afternoon or night shifts or weekends/holidays, nor do they routinely handle Signal 4's or write citations to non-commercial vehicle operators, yet they earn the same salary as regular troopers.

FHP troopers do not enjoy a Step Pay Plan.

Little is being done to fill the estimated 200 budgeted vacancies that FHP currently has among its ranks.

FHP has not had an increase in their budgeted strength for over 30 years.

Unregistered

All of the Above Facts Are true!

That's why the FHP is n such as state of turmoil and morale is so low. It will never change with the current Governor, State Legislators, and appointed command staff led by an inept Director over this agency.

Unregistered

Some true, some false

The CVE officers in my area work weekends on a rotating schedule. I'm not sure why you would expect them to routinely work crashes or perform other patrol related functions. I'm fairly certain these guys are funded almost exclusively with grant money provided by the FMCSA and/or FDOT. This would imply they do what DOT officers always did prior to them coming underneath FHP. Yes, they put them in black and tans for agency uniformity. Don't let that confuse you. They are not road patrol. You should just consider them separate jobs and be grateful they help with any part of your job.