Department Wide Extra Duty Emails

Unregistered

Department Wide Extra Duty Emails

Apparently some of you were not here or didn’t read the former chiefs email, which is still in effect via the bridging document that conveys from chief to chief, that emailing your extra duty coverage department wide is forbidden.

Anyone who would work your detail you are giving up will be on Power Details which has a messaging feature. Post your jobs there and stop emailing the entire department. If nobody on Power Details takes your job well then guess what? You took a sh*t job so nobody else is going to take it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Apparently some of you were not here or didn’t read the former chiefs email, which is still in effect via the bridging document that conveys from chief to chief, that emailing your extra duty coverage department wide is forbidden.

Anyone who would work your detail you are giving up will be on Power Details which has a messaging feature. Post your jobs there and stop emailing the entire department. If nobody on Power Details takes your job well then guess what? You took a sh*t job so nobody else is going to take it.
    Who the hell are you??? Mind your business

Unregistered
    Who the hell are you??? Mind your business
    Your wife’s boyfriend. You know, the dude that comes over the second you leave to go stand around Howl O Scream all night so you can afford that minimum payment on her credit card.

Unregistered

When u post it on power details it sends an email

Unregistered
    When u post it on power details it sends an email
    Wrong!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    I personally love the constant PowerDMS emails. I love seeing the names of the same people month in month out who grab up all the jobs, and then decide they have plans. Stop being so damn greedy and people might pick up your jobs for you.

Unregistered
    Wrong!!!!!!!!!
    No it’s a true story I posted it on Leo Affairs so it became true. Geez

Unregistered
    I personally love the constant PowerDMS emails. I love seeing the names of the same people month in month out who grab up all the jobs, and then decide they have plans. Stop being so damn greedy and people might pick up your jobs for you.
    How many officers do you think call in sick or flex a day off in the city in any given 4 day cycle ?? Extra duty has Zero flexibility meanwhile someone is taking a day off every other day on patrol. You sign up for extra duty from 30 to 60 days in advance. A lot can change in 30 to 60 days. I’m not quite sure it has much do with the officer’s individual greed as it does with the fact that life is fluid, dynamic, and ever changing.