Fast track to promotions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    If you guys and gals were smart. If you work patrol, 12 hour shifts, then I would work another job on my days off. If you are lucky and can financially do it. I would have your own business and work on your days off, painting, pressure washing, flip homes, rental properties, etc. find what you are good at. Treat this as a side job. A second income, or one that makes more than this place, comes in Handy when you get screwed with which will happen sometime in your 30 year career. Yes, you will be screwed with. Be smart, only the family members, ass kissers and hot chicks get promoted. If you looking to just b a corporal or SGT, then you can have the scraps for lower pay and bring subjected to being fired or demoted over BS. It’s your choice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you guys and gals were smart. If you work patrol, 12 hour shifts, then I would work another job on my days off. If you are lucky and can financially do it. I would have your own business and work on your days off, painting, pressure washing, flip homes, rental properties, etc. find what you are good at. Treat this as a side job. A second income, or one that makes more than this place, comes in Handy when you get screwed with which will happen sometime in your 30 year career. Yes, you will be screwed with. Be smart, only the family members, ass kissers and hot chicks get promoted. If you looking to just b a corporal or SGT, then you can have the scraps for lower pay and bring subjected to being fired or demoted over BS. It’s your choice.
    Correct, but this last great round of promotions didn't include any hot chicks, and where are our thigh holsters????

Unregistered
    Thanks for the advice. It may be the only reasonable option to earn more money since apparently this agency is a political snake pit and I have no connections.

Unregistered
    I was able to get my stripes without a donation so not jealous at all. Thanks for chiming in KW.
    Well, some times you get the “we are out of options” promotion. Congrats on you getting that.

Unregistered
    Well, some times you get the “we are out of options” promotion. Congrats on you getting that.
    There have to be some merit based promotions to give the peons the illusion of fair play and to keep them working hard
    hoping they will get promoted someday.

Unregistered
    How can I get promoted without being related to someone or having family members that have political ties to the SO. I tried being a hard worker with good morals. Not sure how people early in their career have given up police work to go hide in a administrative role. In my observation a lot of lazy deputies with little to no experience are selected for admin roles or do nothing jobs.

Unregistered
    How can I get promoted without being related to someone or having family members that have political ties to the SO. I tried being a hard worker with good morals. Not sure how people early in their career have given up police work to go hide in a administrative role. In my observation a lot of lazy deputies with little to no experience are selected for admin roles or do nothing jobs.
    Because the admin jobs do not require much work and there is virtually no risk. Those who do the actual work take all the risks and make all the efforts for less pay. That's why relatives and those who are politically connected get admin spots. Good moral values and hard work will get you nowhere in this administration. You can do all that for decades and you might never get promoted if you are a nobody.

Unregistered
    I wonder if someone could hire ancestry.com to see how many present past and potentially future relatives are and will be working here. Then produce a family tree chart and place it on the walls of the SAB instead of one of those boring self absorbed other pictures.

Unregistered
    Big breasts, swallow and tight azz is good start.
    You must be talking about Deanna?

Unregistered
    You must be talking about Deanna?
    All the good and upstanding supervisors have long since retired. We are only left with trash who know how to micromanage and use a computer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast