The grass is greener... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    I left too and the grass is much greener where I am. I do miss the people I worked with and many of those I worked for. HCSO has some outstanding people who work there and have worked there from sworn to civilian staff. I had to get off that hampster wheel. It was like a terrible mind fukk.

I was tired of giving 300% with nothing to show for it. Tired of not being able to try new things like that stupid poster that falsely shows all of the opportunities that awaits those that come to the SO.

For those who stay and have 30 years I wish you the best. For those lucky enough to be on the 25 year plan you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the brass will start taking care of those who make the agency go and listen to them. Stay safe and watch each other’s six out there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I left too and the grass is much greener where I am. I do miss the people I worked with and many of those I worked for. HCSO has some outstanding people who work there and have worked there from sworn to civilian staff. I had to get off that hampster wheel. It was like a terrible mind fukk.

I was tired of giving 300% with nothing to show for it. Tired of not being able to try new things like that stupid poster that falsely shows all of the opportunities that awaits those that come to the SO.

For those who stay and have 30 years I wish you the best. For those lucky enough to be on the 25 year plan you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the brass will start taking care of those who make the agency go and listen to them. Stay safe and watch each other’s six out there.
    I heard that. It’s crazy how hard this job is. We have to know so much. It take so long to learn. For it to mean nothing. Someone on here in another post said it best. “Mastery means nothing here”. Believe it or not, it’s not all about benefits and pay. People want to be able to look back at their product or accomplishments. You get none of that here. You work until you get killed, die, hurt, sick or burn out and quit. It’s sad. Manipulating the zone assignment numbers in this bid doesn’t hide how short handed we are. So glad I just wrapped up my exit.

Unregistered
    “You work until you get killed, die, hurt, sick or burn out and quit.” The percentage of those that do as you described is extremely low. You have failed to substantiate your claim. I hope you can redesign your exit strategy and accomplish your exit immediately. The attitude of a new employee would outwork your performance day after day, hands down. I worked patrol for thirty years, held my head high, and departed with integrity and pride. There are way too many crybabies in this profession these days. It’s sad.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard that. It’s crazy how hard this job is. We have to know so much. It take so long to learn. For it to mean nothing. Someone on here in another post said it best. “Mastery means nothing here”. Believe it or not, it’s not all about benefits and pay. People want to be able to look back at their product or accomplishments. You get none of that here. You work until you get killed, die, hurt, sick or burn out and quit. It’s sad. Manipulating the zone assignment numbers in this bid doesn’t hide how short handed we are. So glad I just wrapped up my exit.
    You forgot sued, dragged through the mud on social media or put in prison for trying to keep yourself or others alive. Our jobs are now dictated by snowflake non contributors with cellphones and social media platforms. Zero experience on how to keep society in check telling us what to do. Made worse by our very own leaders giving in. Best to leave this field.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12