Vacancies - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacancies

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your right, the Office has never placed a priority on staffing. They’re too busy with fluff. As far as the population, there are more people here then there were 10 years ago. And, there will be more people here tomorrow then there are today.

We are more short then what is actually presented. Remember, the officer to citizen ratio includes ALL deputies, but we all know 1/3 of those guys aren’t handling calls. When people call for the police, they want to see an officer in uniform, not JC holding a camera.
    Exactly. We got a whole lots of guns and badges sitting in offices for years on end.

Unregistered
    This agency is the free clinic of law enforcement. Critically short handed, rushed, overloaded, stressed, and burned out. It just knows how to look good doing it. There is a difference between companies like Chic Fil A and Burger King / Wendys. The main difference in companies with great service is having a crap ton of employees vs poor service and short handed. The workload is spread out amongst many so they are happier. Walmart and crappy companies are always short handed. Great companies have many workers. What’s behind this? How come this elite 7th largest in the nation agency has not mastered that? This agency expects wendys staffing with chic fil a service. It can’t be done, so the only solution is to quit. Not to mention surrounding agencies with far better pay, far better officer to citizen ratios, and 20 year retirements.

Unregistered

Best part

Best part of this mind fuk scam is that no matter what happens….. it’s our fault.

If you quit, you were a wuss or could not hack it.

Morale low, our fault for having low morale.

Half staffed squad causing calls to hold too long? Our fault for not being fast enough.

Your zone partner took paper in your zone? Your fault. Not the fault of the agency puting you in a giant zone, designed for 4 units, alone.

Going home late constantly eating up overtime? Your fault for getting dispatched to a call that requires an arrest, transports, evidence, and cookie cutter garbage report.

It’s a scam. It can’t be done.

Meanwhile, bad guys have been made into heros and cops are the villains.

I hope for the day where cops quit, strike, slow down, anything. We need a voice.

Unregistered
    Wa wa wa, wa wa wa.

Unregistered
    Best part of this mind fuk scam is that no matter what happens….. it’s our fault.

Half staffed squad causing calls to hold too long? Our fault for not being fast enough.

Your zone partner took paper in your zone? Your fault. Not the fault of the agency puting you in a giant zone, designed for 4 units, alone.

Going home late constantly eating up overtime? Your fault for getting dispatched to a call that requires an arrest, transports, evidence, and cookie cutter garbage report.

I hope for the day where cops quit, strike, slow down, anything. We need a voice.

You don't need a voice, you can't hack it and are no longer here. We got it.

Unregistered
    The point is the agency has the money to fully staff squads with overtime but it’s choosing not to.

Unregistered

You're right. It's done all over the world - but can't be done here. It's just impossible.

GTFOH!

Unregistered
    You don't need a voice, you can't hack it and are no longer here. We got it.
    Really?
    If you can hack it why are so many resigning?

Why does this career have the highest rate of suicide and substance abuse?

How many of our very own deputies committed murder suicides? Within a few years or less I might add.

Sounds like tough guy talk. Nothing more than Stockholm Syndrome. Funny how much of yourself and your family you are willing to give up for a little brass approval.

Unregistered
    You’re right about being short for years. But, part of the reason we were short, when I started, was due to a population explosion and trying to get people through the hiring process fast enough to keep up. No matter how good we were at that we always lagged behind, due to various reasons.

Then of course came the Gee/Docobo years and we know how that worked out.
    When I started, which was well before any of the current deputies were a twinkle in their daddy’s eye, if someone retired/resigned, it was big news and a shock. People stayed here for 30+ years because they liked it, not because they had to.

I’m well past the eligibility time to retire, but I have a longer term retirement plan, so staying now is strictly a financial decision. No, I don’t hate the job, but I don’t like the current negative attitude toward the police, nor do I like the way HCSO policing philosophies have taken hold. As far as internal strife, narcissism, negative re-enforcement, etc, it blows, but, unfortunately the grunts can’t change it.

Like a previous poster said, “people don’t quit jobs, they quit people.” Unfortunately, HCSO has quit on their people.
    Great post. Well written. Thank you. You are correct about how it was a huge deal when someone left. We would all go find that person and try to get to the bottom of what happened. I seem more of my friends quit in one quarter than my first 10 years combined.

Unregistered
    Really?
    If you can hack it why are so many resigning?

Why does this career have the highest rate of suicide and substance abuse?

How many of our very own deputies committed murder suicides? Within a few years or less I might add.

Sounds like tough guy talk. Nothing more than Stockholm Syndrome. Funny how much of yourself and your family you are willing to give up for a little brass approval.

Many assumptions here. I'm no tough guy and I don't hate my family, job, and the people I work with. I take care of myself mentally and physically. I make sure my family is fine, too. Unlike you, this job isn't my personality. People I meet at my kids functions and church are surprised when the ask what I do. Because it's what I do, not who I am.

I'm sure that's the first thing out of your mouth everywhere you go. If they didnt already guess from you Molon Labe tshirt and tough guy stance. At Burger King. Fact is, not everyone is cut out for this job. Sounds like you aren't.

Save the bs, I'm not connected and don't work a cushy office job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12