Quitting - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quitting

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have fun getting fired, sued, or put in prison….

For simply doing your job.

Along with the underlying baseline of getting hurt, stabbed, and killed.

You can have this shiiit show.

For a bunch of thankless people.

For and agency that gives no shiiits about us yet caters to social media scum.

It’s all yours…. Disposable pawn.
    If you already quit, what are you still doing here? Go find the "loser cops who can't hack it, biiiiiithc and moan, then quit" forum.

Unregistered

You expect to be THANKED for doing your job, hero? Let me clue you in, that rarely happens in any profession these days!

Unregistered
    It amazes me that with this many people quitting they think they’re going to find the solution in equipment/pay/benefits. Those are all things other local agencies offer competitively, so why is the agency specifically losing so many people?! Here’s a clue, people don’t quit the job, they quit on the people that manage them. Maybe those of you spending your days attending parades and throwing ice cream socials need to reflect on why no one has any faith in you instead of looking for ways to band aid a bullet hole…

Unregistered
    You inserted a strawman into this debate. The claiming that I wanting to be thanked and be made a hero. I won’t entertain what children do in an argument to distract the main point. Shame on you.

“Thankless” is a figure of speech.

We are unsupported.

What I want is for officers to not be used as sacrificial scapegoats and disposable pawns. Pawns used as shields protect police agencies and local governments that fail to provide real services and real solutions to the citizens and instead send them officers to handle situations that are non criminal and not within our scope. These are where the main source stress and liability lay. Only to throw us away when things do not work out.

Sorry that the truth about your beloved career, that you chose to center your image around, hurts. You are nothing to this agency or to the people your serve. Not because they don’t thank you or call you a hero, but because they are all ready to throw you away any time to reduce liability, to be the figure head of some sort of blame, and for plain old good social media entertainment.

Unregistered
    It amazes me that with this many people quitting they think they’re going to find the solution in equipment/pay/benefits. Those are all things other local agencies offer competitively, so why is the agency specifically losing so many people?! Here’s a clue, people don’t quit the job, they quit on the people that manage them. Maybe those of you spending your days attending parades and throwing ice cream socials need to reflect on why no one has any faith in you instead of looking for ways to band aid a bullet hole…
    Great post. People quit people. People, our leaders, that don’t care because it doesn’t affect them. Just wait until brass start having to take calls. It will get fixed then. Sad thing is we have plenty of deputies assigned all over doing zero police work. ZERO. They need to be put back on patrol.

This agency does not care about its deputies or citizens. If it did, why does it constantly dispatch worn out tired deputies, that are buried in paperwork, admin, and evidence, and have been working for 11 hours, to initiate serious investigations with no relief? With no crime scene assistance. How can it still demand quality?? How does the 7th largest elite agency that self proclaims as bet of the best, still operate like a podunk back woods sheriffs office, that is beyond top heavy with a whole lore of NON COPS making bug money???

BURNING THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS AND BEING PUT IN CONSTANT LOSE LOSE SITUATIONS MAKE PEOPLE LEAVE GARBAGE JOBS.

Unregistered
    You expect to be THANKED for doing your job, hero? Let me clue you in, that rarely happens in any profession these days!
    AGAIN. As mentioned before many many times. Human beings can tolerate a SAFE but bad thankless career or a dangerous but supportive one. Yes, bureaucracy in all fields. HOWEVER, in this piece of shiiit line of work we can get violently killed, stabbed and beaten!!! So have some balls to support us! One or the other! Bureaucracy with shiit bosses at a safe private sector job or danger but supported. We get the worse of both worlds and that CAN NOT BE SUSTAINED. That’s why people are quitting! I mean, are you and these dumb mother fukkers that run our agencies that fukkkng stupid? I mean straight stupid? NOW ADD the fact that getting put in prison for doing our jobs. Doing our jobs by being put in bad situations by this dumb asss agency and the moron callers that can’t and refuse to solve their own problems and accept the fact that THEY created their problems and THEY should solve them or learn from the consequences. It doesn’t matter what I say. The numbers of people quitting speak for themselves. Deny it all you want. Same for our brass. Deny it. Blame the quitters and call them defective. You will learn how to really run an agency when there is nobody left.

Unregistered
    No one in their right mind would sign up for 30 years. Good luck.
    Ok, I'll bite. I don't hate my job like you do/did. But I'm just over halfway in and like a Plan B. What are the options??

Unregistered
    If you already quit, what are you still doing here? Go find the "loser cops who can't hack it, biiiiiithc and moan, then quit" forum.
    Said the civilian who has no idea about burnout and PSD.

Unregistered
    Said the civilian who has no idea about burnout and PSD.
    I meant PTSD

Unregistered

Well said my brother.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast