Black Clergyman of Miami against Acevedo

Unregistered

Black Clergyman of Miami against Acevedo

Pastor Dunn and the pastor association want Acevedo out.

Unregistered
    Is this the same Pastor Dunn that treated the money in his campaign account as petty cash, and that the Florida Elections Commission fined $3000 for doing so, and is this the same Richard Dunn who was the sock puppet for Marc Sarnoff?

Unregistered
    Blacks want a black chief, cause they feel he or she could relate better to them. In truth, unless the chief is a hood rat, you got nothing to stand on. Once a black comes in, the Cubans will scream for a Cuban chief. If a white comes in (very long shot) Both black and Cubans will undermine, everything he or she tries to get done. I've never witness this much crying from professionals, over a guy they can't control. If he farts, it would make front page news. This Chief is his own worst nightmare, he will hang himself, over his ego and failure to listen to others. You all think, his replacement would be better? Especially, one from within. Look to the division we have now within our own ranks. This group want this A/C another group want that A/C. Nobody wants the black female A/C. Yet she would be the one to get it. Cause it would go a long way, pleasing, the black community for those votes. Besides it's been a while, since we had a black chief, never a female one. So it's due soon, hopefully not her, but will come about shortly.

Being a chief of this sh!t hole is not worth it. Sure the $$ are nice and you got bragging rights. I was the chief of Miami P.D. Once you leave, no matter how good and decent you were. Your suddenly a POS and I'm glad your gone. You got no friend here, you can afford to have any. Nothing wrong with being friendly but when you have to take action against one. They expect, NO demand you look the other way and give them a break. If you don't or can't. They will backdoor your azz, to get rid of you. The biggest problem, police face. It's not the AK-47's, nor the unrest in the different communities, not the violent crime either. It's a cop's ego! The higher in rank you go, the more inflated it get's. If you don't believe me, really listen to a staff member when they talk. Either to you or another.

Unregistered

I told you so

When this Chief is removed and he will be removed sooner than later. Gause will become the first black female Chief. Simmons will get her rank back or promoted higher. Don’t kill the messager. The black community is working behind the scene to take advantage of what’s going on now in the agency. For the whites your promotional days are over for a awhile. Don’t apply or even think above the rank of Captain. I mentioned previously get your popcorn ready. Enjoy the show or leave the agency

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When this Chief is removed and he will be removed sooner than later. Gause will become the first black female Chief. Simmons will get her rank back or promoted higher. Don’t kill the messager. The black community is working behind the scene to take advantage of what’s going on now in the agency. For the whites your promotional days are over for a awhile. Don’t apply or even think above the rank of Captain. I mentioned previously get your popcorn ready. Enjoy the show or leave the agency
    What's nice, is they pay me. To watch all the drama unfold around here. Sitting back and listing to some Sgt's mostly and a few staff members. Yes, the popcorn is a good idea. The show, is just about to start.

Unregistered
    Anglos? When the last time an anglo male has been hired even as a PPO? Maybe one every 10 years? SMH...I guess people still have animosity towards anglos,even in today's life time..I remember applying back in 1995 and scored a 96.33 on the civil service exam back then, I received the results via snail mail; after that, months go by and I called personnel in reference to the next step.. Amazingly, my file disappeared,that's why I didn't hear nothing until called...Imagine that, an anglo male application file mysteriously disappears..🤔🤔🤔..At the end of the day,I was hired by another major agency here in South Florida

Unregistered
    The black community?! What black community? Guase that little midget wh@re. Listen the blacks are particularly gone from the City of Miami. You have small little pockets now. No more bussing hundreds of crack heads to election polls for a few dollars. If Guase wants to be chief of Police she better move to Miami Gardens or Florida city.

Unregistered
    All good points noted.
    You are getting to a much bigger discussion than Miami actually, and when that happens you really see how small MIA is.

Nationwide, generally speaking people want to be with like people. (thinking, looking, etc) Its natural, lets not hide that.
    Georgia, especially Atlanta has become one of the most amazing places to be if you are Black. American Black.
    Careers exploding as well as education and entrepreneurship. That happens because of enough ingrowth and push - both inside and outside. And to note, there are many other cities run by African American leadership.
    I'm not boxing anyone in, but what can we say about Cuban lifestyle destination?
    Its Miami or Cliffside Park, NJ or LA - generally speaking. key element is the language and culture, lets not hide that.

So, whats the point?
    Cubans absolutely want to hang on to their stronghold in Miami. lets not hide that.
    Question is, where does everyone else fit in? Do people want to feel 2nd?
    Mayor wants a strong Anglo tech community to rise up, but after what we see happens inside of govt agencies (MPD) as well as some privates, it doesn't take alot to understand why they aren't rushing in.

If Cubans don't really want to share leadership in Miami, then they must face the result of limited growth.
    Ideas for discussion
    1. Broaden the charter - There should be a much more diverse council/commission then currently in place
    (age, gender, etc)
    2. Demographics of a city tell alot. Look at this when you are doing your succession planning. Its time to retire many of these and move Miami into a new Era.

One of the nice ways you did this was to keep a Cuban national, but bringing him from the outside he came with a wider band of thinking, nationally. Miami commission should want to embrace this and take alot from it if it plans to move to a nation wide scale.

Watching this special meeting against the chief, was a chance for many, even outside of the Miami community to see the
    commissioners leading the city. While there is no doubt of their love for Miami, its main issue that resinates is they are very out of touch with how to grow the city.

This is the same argument that was used internationally by fascism. Its not to be confused with Patriotism.
    I hope this post gets to the commissioners from an unbias view - for them to understand that they should no longer keep Miami in a bubble mentality.
    One further suggestion if they are afraid they will lose control of the city, is to widen the commission so that others can actually take into account much bigger and more important time spent growing Miami to her full potential nationwide.

Politics is not for everyone, no doubt, but when it impedes the ability of a city to grow it becomes its own worst nightmare.

Black, White, Hispanics, Catholics, Jews, Seniors, Gays, all need a place of safety as a baseline. If you can't get your own police department on solid footing, which has been a real problem for years, you will not be able to get to the more important issues beyond crime.

This chief has no other choice but to clean up the police dept. The mentality cannot be stuck in 'how we always did things'.
    Change was his #1 hiring responsibility, and whether you want to see these changes, they must happen.
    When you come to this agreement, you can honestly rebuild a world class agency. This agreement must accept painful changes, to reach positive transition.

The hispanic community, including cuban subculture likes to 'own' a family and friends network. Lets not hide that.
    Professionals decisions should not be seen as breaking up a family and friends culture. It should be seen as something that should never have been started to begin with, and now the results of that 'often termed mafia in and out of miami' means that this is a time for inclusion and that means others get a chance to lead from the outside.

This is a discussion to have, if not, Miami isn't ready for the rest of the non hispanic tech talent that wants to come.

Unregistered
    After all that kneeling , now they turned on him