Unregistered

Chief says Fuxk you and keeps Deputy Morris

Wait until Carollo finds out if he hasn’t yet. The chief keeps the deputy

Unregistered
    Someone has to get demoted to keep her

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good. Let's get rid of the dead weight. MoraLIES.

Unregistered
    Papo papo go down to a cigar shop in flagami and ask the man with the ring, kiss it and bam you keep your friends and family program rolling like a 5.0

Unregistered
    Wait until Carollo finds out if he hasn't yet. The chief keeps the deputy
    That sounds like an insubordinate challenge to Carollo and the entire Miami Commission, who directed the city manager to reduce top police management positions. From such comment, one could discern that Acevedo is setting the ground for a Mayor-city manager conflict with the Commission, foolishly believing the mayor and city manager will go to war with the Commission over him. A police chief with Acevedo's "presumed" leadership and managerial skills should operate the department with three assistant chiefs, no? The deputy chief is an appendage of the past that in the present austere time is not needed. The fiscally prudent move is to utilize taxpayers' dollars allocated to the deputy chief's salary to pay three new patrol officers. If Acevedo is genuinely committed to providing better service and protection for all Miamians, he could lead and manage the department with two assistant chiefs; one in charge of operations and the other support.

Unregistered
    That sounds like an insubordinate challenge to Carollo and the entire Miami Commission, who directed the city manager to reduce top police management positions. From such comment, one could discern that Acevedo is setting the ground for a Mayor-city manager conflict with the Commission, foolishly believing the mayor and city manager will go to war with the Commission over him. A police chief with Acevedo's "presumed" leadership and managerial skills should operate the department with three assistant chiefs, no? The deputy chief is an appendage of the past that in the present austere time is not needed. The fiscally prudent move is to utilize taxpayers' dollars allocated to the deputy chief's salary to pay three new patrol officers. If Acevedo is genuinely committed to providing better service and protection for all Miamians, he could lead and manage the department with two assistant chiefs; one in charge of operations and the other support.
    I just called javi and he said he will give a reponer after he washes his nuts on your moms hair

Unregistered
    2 assistant chief's? You need one for operations, one for investigations. Maybe the admin. assistant chief, could be only a Major but they will find a reason to keep that rank in play.

The D/C rank could go and the assistant chief of operations, could be the number 2 here. Trimming down staff, is needed but sh!t rolls downhill. Net commanders, should go and have net Lt's. Now some that passed the captains test, got a appointment to staff to make room for Ortiz, who scored #4 or 6. So they will need to add a few more captain slots, to the department. If you suddenly reducing ranks or getting rid of some ranks. Place captains in patrol on each shift. Only have 4 net commander, North, South, Central and Downtown. Any other units, that has a commander, back to last civil service rank. You have (what) 16 Majors? Combine some of those units, under 1 major. They make big bucks, so have them earn it. Now, as far as providing better service? It can be done but it will be a uphill battle. City hall, has their pets on staff, they want to keep. Former employees from here, have their hooks in just about everything and need their children in rank. Whatever the chief does, will be met with negative opinions and back stabbing.

Any chief, should be allowed to pick their own staff! I'm not saying bring in a bunch of outsiders of your own F&F plan. Maybe what this department needs, the D/C, I.A. and operations from outside. I know, put the crack pipe down

Unregistered
    What city hall want's is their own pick as D/C. I believe the chief, should pick whoever they want for the top 4 ranks. If they feel a outsider is better, then go for it. You have to admit the choices from within are not that great. Has any of those ranks, been picked on merit, time on the job, education, experience and being honest? NO! The department promotes based off the race of the community. Not who would be best for the position. Those getting the appointment don't care how they got it or who they steeped on. Take it away and your only doing it because I'm black, a female or you the chief is racist. Doesn't matter who, he chooses, many here will find fault, cause it wasn't them. Former staff, that still have their hooks places should be reminder your retired "GO HOME"

Not that it would ever happen, I know I'll never get above my current rank and I'm ok with that, too much backstabbing and you really don't have friends with your others staff member. If they can get noticed off your mistake, they will run with it for all it's worth. Giving it some thought, maybe these appointments, should be given a written test to take. A sh!t long oral interview, with the chief and 1 other of the rank your trying to get. City hall should weigh in too. Be part of the oral or set your own up. That way no surprises. Now city hall can not pick for those ranks, but they can bust some balls in the process, and fail everyone, till their pick gets in front of them. I see that happening.

Why no written test for Commanders, Major's and A/c's ? Even the D/C for that matter? Your assuming that because of there former rank, they must know what they are doing and what needs to get done. Assume "means: making a azz of U and me" There is no real selection process for a appointment, name dropping, is the only requirement

Unregistered
    What city hall want's is their own pick as D/C. I believe the chief, should pick whoever they want for the top 4 ranks. If they feel a outsider is better, then go for it. You have to admit the choices from within are not that great. Has any of those ranks, been picked on merit, time on the job, education, experience and being honest? NO! The department promotes based off the race of the community. Not who would be best for the position. Those getting the appointment don't care how they got it or who they steeped on. Take it away and your only doing it because I'm black, a female or you the chief is racist. Doesn't matter who, he chooses, many here will find fault, cause it wasn't them. Former staff, that still have their hooks places should be reminder your retired "GO HOME"

Not that it would ever happen, I know I'll never get above my current rank and I'm ok with that, too much backstabbing and you really don't have friends with your others staff member. If they can get noticed off your mistake, they will run with it for all it's worth. Giving it some thought, maybe these appointments, should be given a written test to take. A sh!t long oral interview, with the chief and 1 other of the rank your trying to get. City hall should weigh in too. Be part of the oral or set your own up. That way no surprises. Now city hall can not pick for those ranks, but they can bust some balls in the process, and fail everyone, till their pick gets in front of them. I see that happening.

Why no written test for Commanders, Major's and A/c's ? Even the D/C for that matter? Your assuming that because of there former rank, they must know what they are doing and what needs to get done. Assume "means: making a azz of U and me" There is no real selection process for a appointment, name dropping, is the only requirement
    Best posting I've seen in months.
    You nailed alot.
    City Hall wants their own d/c to be able to slide if any chief walks.
    That's a nice strategy but as you said, the inside succession was not well thought out, or rather papier was their guy and this Chief is smarter than you give him credit for.
    Angle for what is right for the people.
    Not city hall, not the agency.

Colina😙 is watching with popcorn .