September 27 the commission meeting

Unregistered

Who is willing to bet the back door deals will be done before this meeting to save more embarrassment?

Unregistered

As much as Acevedo deserves to go, Francis Suarez and Art Noriega will not allow it. Unless there are four solid commission votes to outs Acevedo or the manager, should he refuse to fire the police chief. This ploy Carollo used when he wanted Chief William O'brien fired and then city manager Warshaw declined. https://www.nnbw.com/news/2001/dec/2...esigns-city-m/

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As much as Acevedo deserves to go, Francis Suarez and Art Noriega will not allow it. Unless there are four solid commission votes to outs Acevedo or the manager, should he refuse to fire the police chief. This ploy Carollo used when he wanted Chief William O'brien fired and then city manager Warshaw declined. https://www.nnbw.com/news/2001/dec/2...esigns-city-m/
    I agree, the only way that he will leave is if Francis losses the election then the new mayor will bring a new chief, but Francis won't lose and the manager does what the mayor wants . manager is the only one that can fire the chief and the mayor is the only one that can fire the manager .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree, the only way that he will leave is if Francis losses the election then the new mayor will bring a new chief, but Francis won't lose and the manager does what the mayor wants . manager is the only one that can fire the chief and the mayor is the only one that can fire the manager .
    You are wrong my friend. The manager is the only me that can fire the Chief, but the Commissioners can definitely fire the manager. The only power our mayor has is a Veto, and the commission can overturn that as well. Besides, once the majority of the commission is against the manager, even if he gets to stay, nothing will happen here because at least 3 commissioners will vote no on any or every item the manager or mayor try to pass.