Drug sting sends two Miami-Dade cop pals to prison. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    In order to get hired you have to pass an academy, a background, a poly, a psych, and medical. If you pass all those then you’re eligible to be hired. That does not mean that some bad apples don’t make it through. Some people who got hired with priors never get in trouble ever again . Some who are squeaky clean wind up in federal prison or 39ed on a 52 or a DV.
    It can be unpredictable. Now, that does not mean that all this nepotism and F&F is not problematic. It totally is, especially when an applicant has clearly not passed one of the above and is still allowed to continue their process. This does happen. I’m not sure how closely FDLE inspects those records, but oftentimes the background investigator is being directed by the brass to make the exception. Similarly, an FTO who deems that a PPO needs more work or isn’t cut out for the job gets pressured to wave them through their phases.
    There are many levels at which the machine breaks down. Sometimes everything is done right, and the cop still totally blows it. God knows what the case was here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Theirs an officer right now working with the YOU program that was 39d himself when he was a juvenile who is related to top brass. You can’t make this shit up.
    So what’s his name then?

Unregistered
    Theirs an officer right now working with the YOU program that was 39d himself when he was a juvenile who is related to top brass. You can’t make this shit up.

I'm a civilian and I assume police code 3-9 means getting arrested. If that is the case, how the hell does a miami-dade county cop get hired although he had been arrested ? I remember reading an article in the herald that your police department gets 1000's of applicants although they only hire like 100 each year. What is up with your managers than run your police agency? I'm sure out of those 1000's of potential applicants, there are many with clean records. Why would a criminal get hired as a cop?

Unregistered
    I'm a civilian and I assume police code 3-9 means getting arrested. If that is the case, how the hell does a miami-dade county cop get hired although he had been arrested ? I remember reading an article in the herald that your police department gets 1000's of applicants although they only hire like 100 each year. What is up with your managers than run your police agency? I'm sure out of those 1000's of potential applicants, there are many with clean records. Why would a criminal get hired as a cop?
    FRIENDS and FAMILY!

Unregistered
    If you are a friend or family member of those in charge the rules do no apply to you. 😖

Unregistered
    I hear you loud and clear. However, even though a person may have a clean record, they may not be physically or mentally fit to be a police officer.

The real problem we all face is many new hires are spoon fed mommy and poppy boys and girls who only have a high school diploma to began with.

They usually benefit from their friends and family inside the Department who make it easy for them get the job and impossible from them to loose the job. Others are politically associated with the right connections downtown.

The Department doesn't even require an applicant to have a minimum of a AA, BS, or BA, degree to be considered.

Neither do they require a new applicant to have served in our country Armed Forces for at least 4 years of Honorable Service.

This would eliminate most of the trash that is assisted into this Department.

Unfortunately even within tight or robust guidelines, if a friend or family Command Staff member has their file, most likely they will be hired, regardless of their shady and criminal past.

The last two cops arrested both served in the military and were cousins. Both were black and both are going to be serving time. Frankly speaking, they both benefited from the friends and family commision.

Now they will be serving time in federal prison. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

SO MUCH FOR THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Unregistered
    I hear you loud and clear. However, even though a person may have a clean record, they may not be physically or mentally fit to be a police officer.

The real problem we all face is many new hires are spoon fed mommy and poppy boys and girls who only have a high school diploma to began with.

They usually benefit from their friends and family inside the Department who make it easy for them get the job and impossible from them to loose the job. Others are politically associated with the right connections downtown.

The Department doesn't even require an applicant to have a minimum of a AA, BS, or BA, degree to be considered.

Neither do they require a new applicant to have served in our country Armed Forces for at least 4 years of Honorable Service.

This would eliminate most of the trash that is assisted into this Department.

Unfortunately even within tight or robust guidelines, if a friend or family Command Staff member has their file, most likely they will be hired, regardless of their shady and criminal past.

The last two cops arrested both served in the military and were cousins. Both were black and both are going to be serving time. Frankly speaking, they both benefited from the friends and family commision.

Now they will be serving time in federal prison. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

SO MUCH FOR THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
    I was going to say the same thing and I’ll add that just because you were in the military doesn’t mean shit. I’ve been very disappointed with the military personnel we are hiring. One Is borderline antifa

Unregistered
    I was going to say the same thing and I’ll add that just because you were in the military doesn’t mean shit. I’ve been very disappointed with the military personnel we are hiring. One Is borderline antifa
    That's a pretty serious accusation there superstar. You should name the officer and provide evidence so we are all aware.

Unregistered
    Sh*tting on people who volunteered to fight for their country long before putting on a badge? YOU sound like a borderline antifa. Im disappointed that someone like YOU was hired.

Unregistered
    Sh*tting on people who volunteered to fight for their country long before putting on a badge? YOU sound like a borderline antifa. Im disappointed that someone like YOU was hired.
    Lots of trolls on here, WHO ARE NOT LEO’s.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast