Chronister asks why so many are quitting. - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I did more than 30 years and departed after committing to my departure through DROP. I would like to return to service to fill an infilled deputy position. Can someone figure out a way to rehire retire deputies? I would expect the recertification would be rather simple. I can pass all physical qualifications, without difficulty. And yes, I am serious.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I did more than 30 years and departed after committing to my departure through DROP. I would like to return to service to fill an infilled deputy position. Can someone figure out a way to rehire retire deputies? I would expect the recertification would be rather simple. I can pass all physical qualifications, without difficulty. And yes, I am serious.

I've heard quite a few retired Deputies asking the same question. Between them, and cops leaving from up North, but still wanting to work, it's something to consider.

Unregistered
    I will carry my weight, I promise, give me a chance. Even if it’s part time…

Unregistered
    This agency as a whole has a terrible habit of completely forgetting where it came from. It’s roots. The second anyone leaves the front lines, they forget the mental load.

Then they do the second thing they are known to do. Promoting friends to get them out of the stress, creating positions for buddies, and throwing toys and money at problems.

The answers are truly very simple. Focus on the small things we ask for. Things this agency considers so trivial that they are discredited.

You want people to stop quitting? Start here…
    1. Get us home on time. And I do t mean have a meeting with your admin to pass on to the brass to pass on to the commands to pass on to the bosses to do their best to get us home on time. I mean make it as important as some of the things that have been set in stone in our heads. Like domestic violence call procedures and DUI procedures. Get us home on time! Make it priority 1.

2. MID SHIFT! Give us a real fully staffed mid shift. 1 per zone is still not enough. Stop acting like you are researching if mid shift is worth it or not. It is and you know it. More deputies during peak hours? More deputies to get day shift home?

3. Specific admin time. Specific allotted time to write these reports we are so well known for and so heavily criticized for. Lighting the candle at both ends every shift for years and years make people resent and HATE! HATE this agency and job. Conflicting SOP’s, conflicting supervisor preferences, being critically short makes us HATE this job. SOP says we will take calls to the last second of our shift. Another SOP says we will have all our high quality reports done by the end of the shift. Another SOP says we will have evidence processed as turned in by the end of the shift. Wait for it…. If you go 84 status, you are a slug. Toxic police culture. Another reason we quit.

You beat into our heads how our report quality is the single most important thing. How juries, judges, lawyers, detectives, victims, defendants, the news, and everyone will judge us by them, YET you give us no time or place to write them. We type reports on stressful calls, at red stop lights, and even while driving.
    Meanwhile detectives have 14 days and our brass has secretaries to write their memos for them. Heck,

4. Toxic police culture. The “you are not good enough” mentality. Blaming us for the agency failing to staff and properly deploy us. How we turn on each other for taking paper and calls in each other’s zones when that’s exactly how they want it.

5. Constant unmodulated heightened state of awareness? Take as many calls as you can as fast as you can! How long can that be mentally sustained? No limit or control? No spreading out the mental load amongst many? Used to be we had to worry about some crazy piece of crap on drugs stabbing or shooting us. Now we have to worry about going to prison for shooting that piece of crap.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Just a start. That’s not even getting into the lack of support and this anti cop narrative that our leaders tolerate and even support.

Start by listening to the little things you are too pig headed to accept. The trivial things that make or break a career. This whole tough guy crap is what we and the citizens are tired of. We are human beings. A 12 hour shift of this draining crap is long enough. It’s ok to want to go home on time

And remember this. People don’t quit jobs. They quit people. People leaving to jobs where you don’t have to worry about getting killed, hurt, sued, or put in prison??? How is that not understood?

Our leaders do not have a clue and the fact that so many are quitting make that a FACT! They have no clue! The numbers tell all.

POS AGENCY! ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD NOT KNOW WHY WE ARE QUITTING. A NARCISSISTIC DISCONNECTED MORON.
    This right here!

Unregistered
    Why can’t you just enjoy your retirement? Are you that bored? When I leave this nightmare, I’m done. Never looking back. Ever.

Unregistered
    I will carry my weight, I promise, give me a chance. Even if it’s part time…
    You won’t stay long. I’m an actual long hauler here and I have seen and heard all the begging and pleading from people who want to work here. Rookies questioning if they are good enough to work here and giving it their best. If that even exists. The same people that have quit 2 years later. With good reason. Just be careful what you wish. Many want to be accepted by this career only to later to learn, the hard way, that they should have valued themselves and the real question should have been… Does this job deserve me? Don’t throw your retirement away. We are short handed by design. We burn out, get replaced, our leaders make more money and buy toys. We are of zero value. You people are so stupid. This honor crap is fake. You are no different that the tires on these patrol cars. Instal, use, wear out, discard, replace, repeat….

Unregistered
    Those were different times.

Unregistered
    Those were different times.
    Bs puzzy. I know plenty who retired in the last few years, after a 30 year career, unconnected, and in Patrol the whole time.

Unregistered
    Why can’t you just enjoy your retirement? Are you that bored? When I leave this nightmare, I’m done. Never looking back. Ever.
    Good for you. Sit around and get fatter, like you think people who retire are supposed to do. Some people like to stay busy and not rot in front of the tv.

Unregistered
    Good for you. Sit around and get fatter, like you think people who retire are supposed to do. Some people like to stay busy and not rot in front of the tv.
    Hell no! Stay active, hike, camp, jog, workout, swim, travel, go boating, do anything. Skiing, canoeing, hang gliding, taxidermy. Visit your kids. It doesn’t matter. Freaking anything rather than come back to do this forsaken curse of a job. This county is a giant external mental hospital. With cops used as it’s orderlies. The cheap way to deal with the mental health, drug addiction, and homeless crisis. By dumping it on the cops along with all the liability. You people are so stupid. You think you are heros and so important. Our government and police leaders know full and well how worthless we are. They hope our pride and BS we are fed about being heros and blah blah blah keeps us blind to the truth.

By the way. See what you did there? What you did is the typical toxic cop mentality bull shiiit. Twisting things around. By me saying I would prefer to retire and not do this job, you spun it as doing nothing and getting fat. That’s why people hate cops. Because you pull that crap on witnesses and suspects on reports. People like you are hopeless. You are victims also and don’t know it. Agencies love your toxic self centered mentalities. They use it against you. They know you will take that badge and make it your identity. They know that you will take crime personal and you will see crimes as a personal matter. They know that they can put you in a improperly staffed squad and you will take all the holding calls and paper while going home late every day. At the cost of your mental health, families, multiple divorces, and the loss of any healthy relationships with your kids. You will do it because “it has to be done”. Meanwhile far too many high paid sworn cops with guns and badges of higher ranks and friends of government officials sit in offices away from danger clicking away on a keyboard. Knowing full and well that you are too much of a hero to question anything. Keep sitting with your back to the walls when you go out to eat. Like a good paranoid little robot agencies make a lot of money off of. I’ll keep my identity, collect me pay, retire, and enjoy my life. These people can kill each other for all I care. It’s what they want. All we get is sacrificed and found guilty by social media for doing our jobs. And remember this. Everything that goes on our here like crime, is by design. It’s meant to be this way. While fools like you run around, trying to over compensate to fix these “problems”. Problems that can be easily fixed with global solutions. Not, dump them on already strained cops.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast