Chronister asks why so many are quitting. - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For your sanity, please quit! You are not cut out to be a cop. I stated simple facts. I retired recently after 30 years. I'm in no way connected, and I worked my entire career in Patrol. I didn't hate my job. I would enjoy coming back, even part time. I know others who feel the same.

Damn man, if you get this spun up behind a keyboard, I can only imagine what you're like on a hot call!
    Amen! That poster is a liability.

Unregistered
    Really? Explain how? In detail. My record is beyond clean with not one complaint in years. In fact many commendations. Next…

This agency is the liability.

This is the only reason many of us remain…. Taken from a good article.

“They are financially locked in,” Moskos says, “If you quit, you don’t get your pension. Cops are human, too. They have a mortgage to pay. You can’t quit.”

You robots say we “disgruntled” speak for you? Well your “don't rock the boat” in denial speaking for us keeps things from changing for the better. For all of us.

Unregistered
    Really? Explain how? In detail. My record is beyond clean with not one complaint in years. In fact many commendations. Next…

This agency is the liability.

This is the only reason many of us remain…. Taken from a good article.

“They are financially locked in,” Moskos says, “If you quit, you don’t get your pension. Cops are human, too. They have a mortgage to pay. You can’t quit.”

You robots say we “disgruntled” speak for you? Well your “don't rock the boat” in denial speaking for us keeps things from changing for the better. For all of us.
    Not one complaint in "years"!? What's that, more than 2 years? You said flat out you hate the citizens of this County. You hate the job itself. Your posts portray you as one angry person.

Damn straight, you're a liability.

Unregistered
    Not only a liability, a pathetic person employee. Locked in? What kind of bs is that? More like too ignorant to realize it’s the best financial rewarding job they can get. And too much of a coward to seek employment elsewhere. You should be ashamed of yourself and quit hiding in that uniform behind your badge. Maybe your just not cut out for this line of work.as a public servant, you should have known better to think society will submit to your whining complaints.

Unregistered
    Not only a liability, a pathetic person employee. Locked in? What kind of bs is that? More like too ignorant to realize it’s the best financial rewarding job they can get. And too much of a coward to seek employment elsewhere. You should be ashamed of yourself and quit hiding in that uniform behind your badge. Maybe your just not cut out for this line of work.as a public servant, you should have known better to think society will submit to your whining complaints.
    Do you even work or are you just collecting that Biden money as you sit on your couch all day watching General Hospital.

Unregistered
    Do you even work or are you just collecting that Biden money as you sit on your couch all day watching General Hospital.
    Hahahahaa 😂

Unregistered
    If my whining and complaining is unfounded, then why are we losing so many people? Why? Is everybody that is leaving also defective? Seems the only commonality is the agency. Your “shut up and take it” mentality is outdated and it shows. Why? Because this agency no longer has the luxury of 1000 applicants a month and pick of the litter. People know what this job is truly about now. The old mentality of “You reward for working here is getting to work here with the elite” and all that nonesense is OVER! I bet anybody reading this post can name at least two to four deputies that have quit within a few week or are in the process of quitting. Looks like this agency is going to have to learn how make the mental health of its deputies a priority. It’s going to have to learn how to modulate our exposure to stress from the beginning by stopping us from being the dumping ground of all problems. It’s going to have to proactively prevent burnout. Not offer yoga classes and EAP in lame reactive ways to act like they care. Mostly for CYA incase we get another one of many of our deputies goes nuts. When people can’t speak up, when they are bullied into shutting up, they hold it all in and quit. Not a good time for that with all these fancy apartment complexes being built that will turn to shittt in a few years. Where did this agency get that sorry asss employee retention plan? From the pre printed document section at Office Depot? Did they borrow it from a manager at Walmart or Verizon. A new Silverado and sign on bonus does not prevent burnout. It may just attract a few more people that will quit two years later. This agency has no idea how to retain workers for the long run. The solution is quite simple. You just have to listen, but mainly…. You have to let us speak up without being black listed or bullied by scum like you. Being a public servant is not the problem. Being set up to fail by your very own agency is. This could be a great career if this agency made it possible FOR THE ENTIRE TERM OF OUR CAREER. Time to start with that calls for service SOP. Half those calls are non criminal and we have no legal grounds to act. Same with most contact message calls. Or as I like to call them, “Use us as a harassment tool and get us into arguments with people”. Most these SOP’s were written back when people mostly supported us. Why are we still going into open door call houses? For what! So people can complain due to us being in their houses with no warrant? Screw them. Let them doors swing. We don’t even have the staffing for these calls tgat just result in mind draining arguments. Thats is where the changes should start. In how you deploy us. Give us admin time to write. We need more deputies. We need a full mid shift. Clueless agency with clueless blind loyalists enabling them.

Just how our citizens hold us to a higher standard and expect professionalism and humility instead of the old style aggressive skull cracking cops. Us cops now hold our leaders to a higher standard and demand humility imstead of the old outdated “shut up and quit” crap Neanderthals like you still push. Well, look where it got you. A critically shorthanded agency.

The amount of turnover in a company, especially and LEO agency, is a direct reflection on the health of its morale. Complained with a revolving door of workers are always known as garbage companies. Nothing new there. However, we don’t even have a revolving door. Just an exit door. An emergency exit door because I see people quitting this agency as self preservation. All I see is deputies leaving. Good ones at that. Many close friends.

A lot has to change. A lot. Lame kickback and gimmicks are not going to cut it. Toys and money is not going to cut it. We need real change. You want us to be good humble public servants? Well give us the proper policies, support, environment, time, and staffing to do so.

Good luck to you all.

Unregistered
    If my whining and complaining is unfounded, then why are we losing so many people? Why? Is everybody that is leaving also defective? Seems the only commonality is the agency. Your “shut up and take it” mentality is outdated and it shows. Why? Because this agency no longer has the luxury of 1000 applicants a month and pick of the litter. People know what this job is truly about now. The old mentality of “You reward for working here is getting to work here with the elite” and all that nonesense is OVER! I bet anybody reading this post can name at least two to four deputies that have quit within a few week or are in the process of quitting. Looks like this agency is going to have to learn how make the mental health of its deputies a priority. It’s going to have to learn how to modulate our exposure to stress from the beginning by stopping us from being the dumping ground of all problems. It’s going to have to proactively prevent burnout. Not offer yoga classes and EAP in lame reactive ways to act like they care. Mostly for CYA incase we get another one of many of our deputies goes nuts. When people can’t speak up, when they are bullied into shutting up, they hold it all in and quit. Not a good time for that with all these fancy apartment complexes being built that will turn to shittt in a few years. Where did this agency get that sorry asss employee retention plan? From the pre printed document section at Office Depot? Did they borrow it from a manager at Walmart or Verizon. A new Silverado and sign on bonus does not prevent burnout. It may just attract a few more people that will quit two years later. This agency has no idea how to retain workers for the long run. The solution is quite simple. You just have to listen, but mainly…. You have to let us speak up without being black listed or bullied by scum like you. Being a public servant is not the problem. Being set up to fail by your very own agency is. This could be a great career if this agency made it possible FOR THE ENTIRE TERM OF OUR CAREER. Time to start with that calls for service SOP. Half those calls are non criminal and we have no legal grounds to act. Same with most contact message calls. Or as I like to call them, “Use us as a harassment tool and get us into arguments with people”. Most these SOP’s were written back when people mostly supported us. Why are we still going into open door call houses? For what! So people can complain due to us being in their houses with no warrant? Screw them. Let them doors swing. We don’t even have the staffing for these calls tgat just result in mind draining arguments. Thats is where the changes should start. In how you deploy us. Give us admin time to write. We need more deputies. We need a full mid shift. Clueless agency with clueless blind loyalists enabling them.

Just how our citizens hold us to a higher standard and expect professionalism and humility instead of the old style aggressive skull cracking cops. Us cops now hold our leaders to a higher standard and demand humility imstead of the old outdated “shut up and quit” crap Neanderthals like you still push. Well, look where it got you. A critically shorthanded agency.

The amount of turnover in a company, especially and LEO agency, is a direct reflection on the health of its morale. Complained with a revolving door of workers are always known as garbage companies. Nothing new there. However, we don’t even have a revolving door. Just an exit door. An emergency exit door because I see people quitting this agency as self preservation. All I see is deputies leaving. Good ones at that. Many close friends.

A lot has to change. A lot. Lame kickback and gimmicks are not going to cut it. Toys and money is not going to cut it. We need real change. You want us to be good humble public servants? Well give us the proper policies, support, environment, time, and staffing to do so.

Good luck to you all.
    There you go, weakling, let it all out. If you had any talent, you’d be out of patrol by now. But you have zero talent so just say “thank you” to your leaders for allowing you to continue stealing a paycheck.

Unregistered
    There you go, weakling, let it all out. If you had any talent, you’d be out of patrol by now. But you have zero talent so just say “thank you” to your leaders for allowing you to continue stealing a paycheck.
    If that poster had any talent, morality, and decency - he'd still have a job.

Unregistered

Good luck to you all.
    This right here. Booom son

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast