The contract fix

Unregistered

The contract fix

Let's go over some facts:

(1) The majority of the active membership is of the opinion that the FOP has done NOTHING to help us. The Allapattah Boys, McLovins ROD, Figueroa and Lindsey demoted, etc. The FOP has been silent. Not a single email or letter.

(2) We are in a contract year where the City is looking for a favorable contract that doesn't hit them in the pocket.

(3) Acevedo is not liked by the commissioners and the city manager and mayor have buyers remorse

(4) there are several staff members that are hoping Acevedo fails so they can take the throne but they themselves are powerless speed it up.

Keep that all in mind on this hypothetical

Tommy goes to Chief Morales and says "if I can get Acevedo terminated and you become chief, will you take care of me and mine?". And Morales says YES.

Tommy goes to the manager "if I can get a contract through that is favorable to the city, while helping you build a case to terminate Acevedo, will you promote Morales? And the manager says YES.

Now think about the sudden emails from the FOP bashing Acevedo for Ubeda's ROD and Email reference Cuban Mafia and the continuous attacks on Acevedo.

Interesting times ahead

Unregistered
    Oh please Javi! Get over it. You will never be Fop president again. You’re a thief, racist and a woman beater. Top it off u can’t even get your d I c k hard.

Unregistered
    Miami, really doesn't do well with outsiders. The F&F can't deal with it, when it upsets, there normal flow. People here been doing backdoor deals, as far back as I can remember. It's to only benefit themselves, claiming it's for the good of all, well that's B.S. The Chief, needs to get off his high horse and learn to adapt. If, he's go, all that he has done will be undone and those that got favors, will lose them. No matter what he does, you will some that will find fault, cause it's not about them anymore. He's been here long enough, to make changes and I'm not impressed. Changing staff was needed but he fell short. I guess he's given up, cause of all the backlash, over what's he's done so far. His off hand comments, don't sit well with many. I guess he doesn't think, think it thru or really believes he the answer to the nations, police needs.

The former chief, who stated fu@k the Cubans, was gone pretty quick after that remake. I guess history does repeat it's self. If he goes, his replacement will be one for the department, so start puckering your lips and jump on for the ride. Even when they waste the money, again on a national search, it will be form here. City hall needs to do better in vetting a chief. Taking one for within, has some merit, but generally isn't the wisest choice. I guess, with buyer remorse, were beyond that point now. So, if they go with a new chief, inside or out. Will the salary drop down the 100K? I'm interested to see, what they do or how to explain it away, if dropped. Of course anyone selected from within, wouldn't care, they want the power and bragging rights. What I've noticed if you play the game to his liking, you good as gold. Yet, while doing so, you intercourse (fu@k) others. Staff, does need to be downsized, not going to happen.

As far as patrol goes, here as stated your the step-child of the department, where most are look down upon. I don't have that opinion, so save the off hand remarks. The supervisors, that kissed the ring, of the chief. Are going to disappointed, when he goes. You jumped on the wrong train and didn't care, who you stepped on, for your own personal gain. Now, your own people, see what you really are. The union, is a joke! All talk and no bite (be nice) They go from one end to the other, depending on which way the wind is blowing (again be nice, no gay jokes) You know, to put a stop to the self serving unions people. Once voted out back to patrol for a min of 18 months. I believe in giving others a chance but the chief and union have been disappointment, after disappointment. Now, neither, have to please me, nor kiss my azz. Overall they both, seem to be in over there heads. Yet, both will give the final fu@k you to us, cause they can, on there way out.

Unregistered
    So a few questions

1. Why can't you build up patrol? Why can't it be the top go to unit? A complete turnaround with a set strategy and proof of accomplishments daily so everyone knows the achievements.
    Why can't it be the most amazing patrol unit in the nation? Call me naive, but its the real question no one is addressing,
    so please start there.

2. FOP - any and all activities need to support the purpose and mission. If that is not happening, then someone is not doing their job. All direct expenses need to have a valuation and benefit value to them. We look at this as a ratio analysis.
    Meaning, members need to be getting a return on their investment. If no one knows how to calculate that, then someone is not doing their job.

3. Chief - you keep thinking he is here for someone. He isn't. He was hired to clean out and reposition the agency.
    If you aren't in the loop on what those strategies are, then go meet with his office and ask to be part of the strategy planning. He isn't your friend, he is hired to turnaround an agency and create new value to it. He will be FRIENDLY, but he is hired to do a job. This requires time, movements, and pain. If you aren't feeling any pain, then there is no change going on. So, step back and let the wrinkles ripple so that we can all see what is working and or should be working for a world class agency to be brought up to a grand national scale.

Unregistered
    When the chief gets fired and an insider gets the job (Junior or Morales), we'll see how the Tommy associates get rewarded.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When the chief gets fired and an insider gets the job (Junior or Morales), we'll see how the Tommy associates get rewarded.
    Promises were made to junior so if he gets the job ,guess who has so much dirt on the old school union that will have junior eating out his hand and if fatso gets the job guess who has so much dirt on this corrupted character .
    No matter who wins we are screwed, it will be back to the old way of doing business.This chief is bad no question about but wait until the old school city hall puppet gets in power

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a few questions

1. Why can't you build up patrol? Why can't it be the top go to unit? A complete turnaround with a set strategy and proof of accomplishments daily so everyone knows the achievements.
    Why can't it be the most amazing patrol unit in the nation? Call me naive, but its the real question no one is addressing,
    so please start there.

2. FOP - any and all activities need to support the purpose and mission. If that is not happening, then someone is not doing their job. All direct expenses need to have a valuation and benefit value to them. We look at this as a ratio analysis.
    Meaning, members need to be getting a return on their investment. If no one knows how to calculate that, then someone is not doing their job.

3. Chief - you keep thinking he is here for someone. He isn't. He was hired to clean out and reposition the agency.
    If you aren't in the loop on what those strategies are, then go meet with his office and ask to be part of the strategy planning. He isn't your friend, he is hired to turnaround an agency and create new value to it. He will be FRIENDLY, but he is hired to do a job. This requires time, movements, and pain. If you aren't feeling any pain, then there is no change going on. So, step back and let the wrinkles ripple so that we can all see what is working and or should be working for a world class agency to be brought up to a grand national scale.

Patrol, has some good people in it and could very well be a outstanding unit.