Open Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry

Unregistered

Open Carry

Opinions. Should Florida adopt a Texas style open carry law which basically allows anyone over 21 to openly carry without a permit? Would this make the LEO job harder?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Opinions. Should Florida adopt a Texas style open carry law which basically allows anyone over 21 to openly carry without a permit? Would this make the LEO job harder?
    I’d be all for it. And no, I support the second amendment and the right to lawful carry.

Unregistered
    Honestly some of y’all shouldn’t be carrying, and y’all have training. Now you want to let the public open carry!

Unregistered
    With open carry you lose the tactical advantage of concealed carry. I don't see any advantages to open carry vs concealed carry, except if you are out in the woods where a belt or a chest holster could be more convenient.

Unregistered
    With open carry you lose the tactical advantage of concealed carry. I don't see any advantages to open carry vs concealed carry, except if you are out in the woods where a belt or a chest holster could be more convenient.
    Didn’t we try this before. This is not a rural area. This his extremely condensed population. It won’t work. Go get you CCW and won’t be a problem. You will have assholes carrying assault weapons inside the mall.

Unregistered
    This is my hang up with open carry. You can already open carry per statute when you’re hunting, fishing, camping, hiking etc. walking around in a county like Pinellas with a gun on your hip openly offers no advantage over concealed carry.

Unregistered
    Didn’t we try this before. This is not a rural area. This his extremely condensed population. It won’t work. Go get you CCW and won’t be a problem. You will have assholes carrying assault weapons inside the mall.
    I got my CCW permit many years ago because the sheriff did not permit us to conceal carry off duty under the auspices of the agency. This way I am not restricted and micromanaged by the agency on weapons, ammo, and types of guns. I advise everyone to do the same.

Unregistered
    Was never a fan of open carry until we got into all this BLM riot crap. A bunch of counter protestors (peacekeepers, whatever you want to call them) with slung AR-s protecting businesses would be spectacular.

And yes I’m a 30 year vet of the agency, yes I was also at the riots in ‘96 so yes, slung AR-s are a very good thing during a “Protest”.

Unregistered

My Guess

Was never a fan of open carry until we got into all this BLM riot crap. A bunch of counter protestors (peacekeepers, whatever you want to call them) with slung AR-s protecting businesses would be spectacular.

And yes I’m a 30 year vet of the agency, yes I was also at the riots in ‘96 so yes, slung AR-s are a very good thing during a “Protest”.
    My guess is that you also think the election was stolen, covid is a hoax and the vaccine has tracking devices. It's really frightening if you are indeed a LEO.

Unregistered
    My guess is that you also think the election was stolen, covid is a hoax and the vaccine has tracking devices. It's really frightening if you are indeed a LEO.
    All true and anyone who believes otherwise is buying into the Deep State propaganda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast