Labor Day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day

Unregistered

Labor Day

Remember men and women, this is a day set aside to thank workers everywhere for their contribution to society and to our democracy. Take a minute to do something enjoyable. Many of you won’t have the day off, I know I won’t, and neither will Amazon drivers, people who work at McDonalds, the lady at the gas station selling scratch tickets, you get it. It’s because of you, us, and our commitment to our role as law enforcement that our communities are a little bit safer. You are just one phone call away.
    Also, thank those people who literally laid down their lives, who formed labor unions in the struggle for fair labor practices, for the five day work week, for overtime, paid holidays, and keeping the workplace safe. The people who sign the checks would take it all away if they could. Trust me.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Remember men and women, this is a day set aside to thank workers everywhere for their contribution to society and to our democracy. Take a minute to do something enjoyable. Many of you won’t have the day off, I know I won’t, and neither will Amazon drivers, people who work at McDonalds, the lady at the gas station selling scratch tickets, you get it. It’s because of you, us, and our commitment to our role as law enforcement that our communities are a little bit safer. You are just one phone call away.
    Also, thank those people who literally laid down their lives, who formed labor unions in the struggle for fair labor practices, for the five day work week, for overtime, paid holidays, and keeping the workplace safe. The people who sign the checks would take it all away if they could. Trust me.
    I might go apply at McDonald's on SW 42ave and 8th St. They are advertising 15/hr. To start! Wow, no more flipping burger jokes anymore. EH? I remember yearssss (28) ago, a TA (academy) said " if,you don't want to wear the brown gown, then go work at UPS." I thought to myself, "Oh wow, UPS actually pays very well and great benefits" that logic he said, didn't really make sense.

Unregistered
    Pathetic to know that the Mayor send us at least an email for Labor Day yet our dumbass Director can’t. Yet another example of his poor leadership.

Unregistered
    Pathetic to know that the Mayor send us at least an email for Labor Day yet our dumbass Director can’t. Yet another example of his poor leadership.
    That’s actually true. Pretty sad. Thank you Mayor Cava of at least thinking of your employees who worked today.

Unregistered
    So what? Did you lose money for lack of an email? Are you really that butt hurt? It sounds like you need to get out of mommy’s house, grow the fk up, and experience the real world. No one owes you a thing, deal with it.

Unregistered
    So what? Did you lose money for lack of an email? Are you really that butt hurt? It sounds like you need to get out of mommy’s house, grow the fk up, and experience the real world. No one owes you a thing, deal with it.
    Another Democrat response. Go help Biden out of his mess instead moron.

Happy Labor Day to you all!

Unregistered
    Another Democrat response. Go help Biden out of his mess instead moron.

Happy Labor Day to you all!
    This is not even worth replying to but I’ll call you out anyway. Look at your cheap attempt to change the subject. Go to bed little entitled one. Mommy made your cup of warm milk just the way you like it. Don’t worry little baby, you are still “very special” at least in mommy’s eyes. 😆

Unregistered
    This is not even worth replying to but I’ll call you out anyway. Look at your cheap attempt to change the subject. Go to bed little entitled one. Mommy made your cup of warm milk just the way you like it. Don’t worry little baby, you are still “very special” at least in mommy’s eyes. 😆
    I have no clue what all this “Democrat” bullshit is about. The current union tried to pander to their Republican scumbag masters and backed Bovo and lost bigtime.
    They backed the wrong horse even after the previous Republican scumbag mayor shit all over us for eight years. I guess eight years of abuse wasn’t enough. Gluttons for punishment these clowns. Leave your garbage ignorant politics out of this. Back each other as workers against a system that wants to break your back. A union has many jobs-bargain a contract for their members for their wages and benefits and protect the worker’s safety and from legal liability. It’s a big job and not to be taken lightly. It’s not for the faint of heart, and it’s not for a bunch of “yes” men who want to the cool popular guys. It’s for fighters. It’s for people who don’t mind being hated, for people who know they will develop some powerful enemies. It takes guts.
    And being a worker is a proud thing to be. I don’t care if you are serving food at a BK or Panda Express working at Walmart or Publix or serving coffee at the Starbucks or a nurse or a cop or a firefighter or a schoolteacher. Everyone deserves a living wage and benefits for crushing it our there in the world. Don’t put down anybody’s honest work. We have a union, we are lucky to have it. But they have to live up to their responsibility.
    We need more workers to have the protection and legal help a union provides, not less. And we need to support the types of politicians who will uphold workers rights to make a living in this country. I don’t mind paying a dollar more for a Subway combo if it means that the person behind the counter can get medical benefits and a good salary. Look at how important those workers became during COVID, risking their lives to make sure our groceries and our takeout and our fuel pumps were there for us. We have more in common with the person working at McDonalds than with the shareholders and the CEO making $20 million a year to pay them minimum wage starvation slave wages. I know which camp I’m in, I have no illusions.

Unregistered
    Elected sheriff can’t come fast enough!

Unregistered
    Is mommy supposed to be sneaking into my room at night and diddling my pee pee?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast