Central FL LEO looking for advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh and I forgot. Manatee is more or less the Good Ole Boy agency. I wouldn't waste my time there. I know a bunch of great guys there but as a LEO from another County. I think SSO is top notch. Good luck.
    Geeezus H christmas! Is the SSO goes to tact vest then Geoff Mongenmay have a coronary explosion! Good God! This place is going backwards Kurt! Hey what’s next neck tattoo and jughead in a speedo? Barf in my mouth a little.

Unregistered
    Oh and I forgot. Manatee is more or less the Good Ole Boy agency. I wouldn't waste my time there. I know a bunch of great guys there but as a LEO from another County. I think SSO is top notch. Good luck.
    Oh, and I forgot.. How about not screwing over the maxed out deputies to increase the lower pay scale. Oh, and I forgot, the captains got an $8,000 dollar pay increase.

You don’t think the SSO is a good ol’boy agency. Ha! Your comments support my supervisor comment.

Unregistered
    Geeezus H christmas! Is the SSO goes to tact vest then Geoff Mongenmay have a coronary explosion! Good God! This place is going backwards Kurt! Hey what’s next neck tattoo and jughead in a speedo? Barf in my mouth a little.
    Sheriff Monge was a great Sheriff but sorry welcome to the 21st century. Oh they are going to a vest. Thats already approved. Its a matter of which one. Stop living in the past. As for Tattoos. I am all for the tattoos. Glad it has loosened up anyway. Losing too many qualified applicants primarily military. As for jug head in a Speedo.... His speedo days of playing by the water are behind him....Get it Behind him.. ROFLO. Damn that was good!!! Anyway Get on board or retire out!! Its a new ERA nationwide. Embroidered and practicality is a win win. The Shiny uniforms and Drill Instructor covers are for court or funerals and thats about it. Command Presence is now an iPhone pointed your way. Wake up....

Unregistered
    Sheriff Monge was a great Sheriff but sorry welcome to the 21st century. Oh they are going to a vest. Thats already approved. Its a matter of which one. Stop living in the past. As for Tattoos. I am all for the tattoos. Glad it has loosened up anyway. Losing too many qualified applicants primarily military. As for jug head in a Speedo.... His speedo days of playing by the water are behind him....Get it Behind him.. ROFLO. Damn that was good!!! Anyway Get on board or retire out!! Its a new ERA nationwide. Embroidered and practicality is a win win. The Shiny uniforms and Drill Instructor covers are for court or funerals and thats about it. Command Presence is now an iPhone pointed your way. Wake up....
    If a patrolman shows up to my Siesta Key house (after I have had my entire home ransacked) dressed like a slob wanna be navy seal with tattoos and a beard. I am going to have little faith he will handle my case properly. Perception is reality to most people. That os why judges wear robes and lawyers suits, airline pilots uniforms. It is to project professionalism. Load vest look like shicht. I am not wearing that garbage. If you can’t wear a standard uniform then stop eating chick fillet 4 times a day and hit the weight pile. LAPD still wears dress blue patrol uniform daily with shiny shoes and shiny belt. People are less likely to respect you when you look like a soup sandwich. I won’t wear an outer vest. So take that stupid thing and stick it your azz.

Unregistered
    I won’t wear an outer vest. So take that stupid thing and stick it your azz.
    Oh, you must be the Sheriff himself, as most other people don't really have a choice as to what they wear to work. You'll do as you're told, or, well hey maybe the School Board will let you do whatever you want if you decide to quit here.

The nerve of some employers, telling their people what they can and can't do... geez...

Unregistered

Red face

Sounds like you like LAPD. Im sure is they are hiring in the Great liberal State of California. Good luck in your process ROFLO. Don't worry if your house is trashed. 1800Askgary.com

Unregistered
    Times change and you should be willing to change with it. When I started we had a gun, nightstick, cuffs, and radio on the belt. Now we have gloves, taser, spray, tourniquet, narcan, cell phones, flashlights, and soon cameras. No wonder you are getting so fat, you need more room on the belt to hold all this stuff. Our job has changed and the uniform needs to accommodate those changes as well. Embrace it or it will run right over you.

Unregistered
    If you want to change something then how about the CAD and wings! What a steaming pile of crap. How about updating the software to something used in the 21st century.

Unregistered
    What the hell do we at the sso need outer vest for? We don’t have any crime here. When was the last real shootout? Not shooting African Americans for tag lights being out etc. I mean the last time a bad person pulled a gun and shot at deputies? Tactical clothes are for tactical shizz. Also what are we going to put in these outer vest? That is a legit question Tackleberry? WHAT ARE YOU PUTTING IN THESE VEST THAT YOU NEED ON YOUR NEXT BARKING DOG CALL?

Unregistered
    Sheriff Hoffman is taking the agency backwards by allowing a military style uniform with these vest. It will only separate the agency with the community more. Deputies will have a soldier like appearance for no real reason. These style uniforms have been proven to make officers more threatening in appearance and therefore un approachable, but he is the boss. If people don’t wont to work at out great agency because of a vest then perhaps we don’t need them. Have some pride!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast