Central FL LEO looking for advice
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Central FL LEO looking for advice

Good afternoon everyone

A current central fl Leo who is moving back to my hometown area. I’ve heard a lot of good things about SCSO and wanted to see if you guys can answer questions a recruiter won’t truthfully answer. I know everyone has their own thoughts about a lot of things but please be honest.

How’s moral? I know law enforcement isn’t the best right now but does the agency have your back?

How’s the call volume? Not bad with staffing?

I’m coming from an agency with “hammy down” equipment, so how is the equipment? Are you guys switching to Load Bearing Vest for patrol?

How is movement in the agency for speciality positions?

I’m sure I’ll have other questions but I would greatly appreciate if you guys could help me out. Thank you in advance and everyone be safe.

Unregistered
    Load bearing vest for what? Tell me what an sso deputy needs a load bearing vest to answer 22n all night and parking lot s4 at Walmart? The most unprofessional thing I have ever witnessed in law enforcement (excluding the time jughead wore shorts) seriously they are terrible. How did we ever make it so long without load bearing vests and beards. Shine your crap and take pride sir!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Load bearing vest for what? Tell me what an sso deputy needs a load bearing vest to answer 22n all night and parking lot s4 at Walmart? The most unprofessional thing I have ever witnessed in law enforcement (excluding the time jughead wore shorts) seriously they are terrible. How did we ever make it so long without load bearing vests and beards. Shine your crap and take pride sir!
    Thank you for that response.. answered nothing but thanks

Unregistered
    North port wears that crap. You can have a beard, gauges and , Wear flip flops there. In my opinion they look like they all just came in from a night of partying. Go apply there. The SSO and SPD dress like professionals.

Unregistered
    The guys just looking for someone to answer the questions and everyone is so focused on the fact he asked if they wore LBV..

Unregistered

Truth

Here’s the truth..

You can only take your patrol car 10 miles out of the County. Pay is good, but the guys who are maxed out were screwed over and money was taken away with this new pay raise.

Movement is pretty easy. Our detectives are “general assignment” so don’t expect some violent crime unit.

All our specialized units are small with limited experience.

Our agency is good, but if you want more, I’d go to Manatee.

Unregistered
    Here’s the truth..

You can only take your patrol car 10 miles out of the County. Pay is good, but the guys who are maxed out were screwed over and money was taken away with this new pay raise.

Movement is pretty easy. Our detectives are “general assignment” so don’t expect some violent crime unit.

All our specialized units are small with limited experience.

Our agency is good, but if you want more, I’d go to Manatee.
    Thank you, I appreciate the response

Unregistered
    10 miles is plenty on the take home thing. Not a big deal. The agency is great. Plenty of room to move around. Your definitely a number. As for pay. The agency and Hillsborough SO are probably the best paid on the West Coast of Florida. As for Load Bearing Vest. The agency currently is T&E Load Bearing Vest. They will be rolled out shortly from the sounds of it.

Unregistered
    Oh and I forgot. Manatee is more or less the Good Ole Boy agency. I wouldn't waste my time there. I know a bunch of great guys there but as a LEO from another County. I think SSO is top notch. Good luck.

Unregistered
    10 miles is plenty on the take home thing. Not a big deal. The agency is great. Plenty of room to move around. Your definitely a number. As for pay. The agency and Hillsborough SO are probably the best paid on the West Coast of Florida. As for Load Bearing Vest. The agency currently is T&E Load Bearing Vest. They will be rolled out shortly from the sounds of it.
    Spoken like a true supervisor.

First off, the take home car is a huge deal. 10 miles limits affordable housing. And no, nobody wants to live in NP.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast