Why Promote - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Promote

Unregistered
    I have been a lieutenant for 7 years and I did because I hated the trash talking about how I would do it better etc. so I took the test and did my best to make a difference. Doesn’t always work but at least I have a say. To the OP if you’re thinking of taking next test. Do it for you and you’re own life. No one you work with now is ever really going to pay your bills or be more important than you and your family. Go for it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Having been on or around this department for about 50 years, in my experience the ZEROS'S are the ones who run to get promoted first. Yes, there are some decent people who get promoted up. BUT, NOT THE EXCEPTION. Plus, promoting beyond LT is pretty much paper pushing and more about ego then anything else. There are Officers, Sergeants and Lieutenants who make WAY more than chiefs and don't have to submit on their knees!
    Having been around people who should’ve retired 25 years ago I can say you are the zero.

Unregistered
    My wife is a medical professional and we both come from wealthy families. For me, it's about having the title to rub elbows in my preferred social circles. You might not like my reasons for promoting or my idea of personal growth but I don't need to live to your $tandard. Good luck.
    What a douchebag.

Unregistered
    It must have been difficult loving your job but not respecting your supervisors. That must've led to some awkward moments during your time with the department. You seem to still harbor negative thoughts about the past. Seek professional help to let it go.
    It’s not awkward. You just smile, say yes sir or ma’am, and then go about doing what you wanted to do in the first place. Don’t argue, arguing is for suckers. Just smile, be polite, and then wipe your ass with the latest ridiculous mandate or order or whatever they’re calling it. In three months they’ll change their minds and it’ll be some other stupid idea of the month they expect you to execute. And you wipe your ass with that stupid idea as well. I’ve never gotten less than an 8 on an eval. Why? Because I’m friendly, I show up for work, I put in an honest day, and I don’t catch dumb complaints. But to argue with the latest big shot who comes around to reinvent the wheel for the 80th time? Naaaah. Be patient. They get transferred. They’re ambitious, their huge egos always moving them to the “Next Big Thing”. They’re assholes, in other words, and soon they are replaced with some other clueless pea**** with a gold badge. Don’t sweat it. Play your game. Besides, there’s always some other dumb fu@&-up taking up their attention anyhow. Just don’t be that guy. How’s that for advice?

Unregistered
    My wife is a medical professional and we both come from wealthy families. For me, it's about having the title to rub elbows in my preferred social circles. You might not like my reasons for promoting or my idea of personal growth but I don't need to live to your $tandard. Good luck.
    Can you imagine this prick walking around with his Major or Captain title around so-called heavy hitters? To gain their acceptance? Did the other kids not want to play with you when you were a boy? You were probably an awkward child with a stutter. Glad to know you’ve made it!! 😂 😂 😆 😆 😛
    By the way you’re a moron. You don’t even mention a desire to mentor or supervise young police officers or guide the department in any way. Just another postalita. You could get away with carrying a plastic gun and no one would notice.

Unregistered
    It’s not awkward. You just smile, say yes sir or ma’am, and then go about doing what you wanted to do in the first place. Don’t argue, arguing is for suckers. Just smile, be polite, and then wipe your ass with the latest ridiculous mandate or order or whatever they’re calling it. In three months they’ll change their minds and it’ll be some other stupid idea of the month they expect you to execute. And you wipe your ass with that stupid idea as well. I’ve never gotten less than an 8 on an eval. Why? Because I’m friendly, I show up for work, I put in an honest day, and I don’t catch dumb complaints. But to argue with the latest big shot who comes around to reinvent the wheel for the 80th time? Naaaah. Be patient. They get transferred. They’re ambitious, their huge egos always moving them to the “Next Big Thing”. They’re assholes, in other words, and soon they are replaced with some other clueless pea**** with a gold badge. Don’t sweat it. Play your game. Besides, there’s always some other dumb fu@&-up taking up their attention anyhow. Just don’t be that guy. How’s that for advice?
    Spot on for the most part. I would say the supervisors discussed here are fewer than most. Just do your job be fair and do the same for everyone.

Unregistered
    You make more money work less hard and help people along the way. Simple. Take the test and pay no mind to the sour patches out there.

Unregistered

Best ever

Who was best ever of following:

Director
    Asst director
    Chief
    Major
    Captain

Unregistered
    What a douchebag.
    That’s Captain Alex Acosta.