Why Promote
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Promote

Unregistered

Why Promote

Something I notice is that all supervisors are cool until they forced to do there job. Then no one is cool with them behind there backs. Can any supervisors explain if it’s worth taking a promotion test still.

Unregistered
    If you took this job to make friends you made a big mistake. You promote for personal enrichment. Those so called friends who don’t understand professional growth aren’t worth keeping around. Ignore those fools and be all you can be.

Unregistered
    Well, if you like the idea of getting promoted and then being told not to make any decisions, then promotion is for you.

Unregistered
    I did it for the money and not to handle calls. And honestly. You fools get yourselves written up. Always funny to hear the excuses.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you took this job to make friends you made a big mistake. You promote for personal enrichment. Those so called friends who don’t understand professional growth aren’t worth keeping around. Ignore those fools and be all you can be.
    Having been on or around this department for about 50 years, in my experience the ZEROS'S are the ones who run to get promoted first. Yes, there are some decent people who get promoted up. BUT, NOT THE EXCEPTION. Plus, promoting beyond LT is pretty much paper pushing and more about ego then anything else. There are Officers, Sergeants and Lieutenants who make WAY more than chiefs and don't have to submit on their knees!

Unregistered
    Having been on or around this department for about 50 years, in my experience the ZEROS'S are the ones who run to get promoted first. Yes, there are some decent people who get promoted up. BUT, NOT THE EXCEPTION. Plus, promoting beyond LT is pretty much paper pushing and more about ego then anything else. There are Officers, Sergeants and Lieutenants who make WAY more than chiefs and don't have to submit on their knees!
    It sounds like you've spent the majority of your life being around an environment you don't like and taking orders from a group of people you hate. It must scuk to be you. Go get help while you still have time to enjoy what is left of your life.

Unregistered
    I did it for the money and not to handle calls. And honestly. You fools get yourselves written up. Always funny to hear the excuses.
    Nothing is wrong with that if that is what you wanted to do. Above all else, to thy own self be true!

Unregistered
    My wife is a medical professional and we both come from wealthy families. For me, it's about having the title to rub elbows in my preferred social circles. You might not like my reasons for promoting or my idea of personal growth but I don't need to live to your $tandard. Good luck.

Unregistered
    It sounds like you've spent the majority of your life being around an environment you don't like and taking orders from a group of people you hate. It must scuk to be you. Go get help while you still have time to enjoy what is left of your life.
    Nope, didn't hate them! But I NEVER respected most of them and usually ignored them. Loved my job and made GREAT MONEY! If you do your job and are half way competent the brass leaves you alone. I can tell you entertaining stories about MOST of our brass when they were silver badges. A couple were decent, most were slugs! The truth hurts, huh?

Unregistered
    Nope, didn't hate them! But I NEVER respected most of them and usually ignored them. Loved my job and made GREAT MONEY! If you do your job and are half way competent the brass leaves you alone. I can tell you entertaining stories about MOST of our brass when they were silver badges. A couple were decent, most were slugs! The truth hurts, huh?
    It must have been difficult loving your job but not respecting your supervisors. That must've led to some awkward moments during your time with the department. You seem to still harbor negative thoughts about the past. Seek professional help to let it go.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast