COVID Sick Leave - You're on Your Own

Unregistered

COVID Sick Leave - You're on Your Own

How is it that last year if you got COVID it was considered work related and the Sheriff gave you the sick leave. But in 2021, when COVID is worse, you HAVE to use YOUR sick leave and you HAVE to be off ten days? How can you make me take ten days off and burn my own time doing. Cops and Paramedics are the most likely to get COVID as first responders, yet we are forced to burn our own time. WTF is that? Name one other illness where my employer can force me to take off time. I'll wait.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is it that last year if you got COVID it was considered work related and the Sheriff gave you the sick leave. But in 2021, when COVID is worse, you HAVE to use YOUR sick leave and you HAVE to be off ten days? How can you make me take ten days off and burn my own time doing. Cops and Paramedics are the most likely to get COVID as first responders, yet we are forced to burn our own time. WTF is that? Name one other illness where my employer can force me to take off time. I'll wait.
    I would think you wouldn’t want to show up to work with syphilis or gonorrhea. I do believe the sheriff gave us two weeks extra whether we used it or not on Covid?

Unregistered
    Should be workers' comp like any other injury which happens on duty. Same principle as the Heart Bill. The FOP should be challenging this.

Unregistered
    He gave everyone 80 hours on their sick time book last year wether you used it for COVID or didn’t use it at all. So I guess you just use the free 80 hours he gave you last year if you get COVID

Unregistered
    Should be workers' comp like any other injury which happens on duty. Same principle as the Heart Bill. The FOP should be challenging this.
    Get the shot, puzzy!

Unregistered
    My body my choice.

Unregistered
    My body my choice.
    Just don’t cause my health insurance prices go up. Maybe they’ll have you pay a couple hundred dollars more a month when you refuse the shot

Unregistered
    He gave that to everyone as a courtesy ****wad. Are you saying you contracted covid twice? Last year and this year? I highly doubt it and chances are you weren’t sick last year and still have that time in your bank. So stfu and go take a job with Amazon working customer service from your house if your scared puzzy.

Unregistered
    Just don’t cause my health insurance prices go up. Maybe they’ll have you pay a couple hundred dollars more a month when you refuse the shot
    More employers are increasing health insurance fees for non-vaxers. One of the airlines increased it by $200 a month. Get vaccinated to avoid the higher fee, pay the fee and don't take the vaccine or quit and go to work somewhere else. It's coming here just as the smoking ban took effect to lower health insurance costs. Too bad the same was not done to those who are obese and refuse to improve their diets and work out to lose the weight. They should pay higher health insurance premiums.