Department Glock 23

Sal1962

Department Glock 23

I’m a gun collector curious about a Glock 23 handgun engraved with your department logo. Is there a point of contact for getting a background on the history of the weapon within your department? What is the official title of your officers and do they have full arrest authority and was these guns primary or some kind of secondary purpose gun? Thank you for your time Sal

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal1962 View Post
    I’m a gun collector curious about a Glock 23 handgun engraved with your department logo. Is there a point of contact for getting a background on the history of the weapon within your department? What is the official title of your officers and do they have full arrest authority and was these guns primary or some kind of secondary purpose gun? Thank you for your time Sal
    In 2000 the agency transitioned from S&W 9mm handguns to the Glock .40 caliber. Personnel were given the option to choose the 22, 23 or 27. The majority picked the 23. In 2010, those Glocks were traded in for new models with the same option to pick a size. The supplier of the 2010 guns laser etched the ABT logo on the slide for the original order. Replacement guns did not have the markings. In 2020 the agency transitioned to Gen5 19’s. All the existing inventory was traded to the supplier with some agents electing to buy their issued Glock. The remaining guns were offered for public sale. ABT sworn personnel have the working title of Special Agent. In the state pay system they are Law Enforcement Investigator II. They have full arrest authorization with a narrow field of responsibility which is the beverage law.

Unregistered
    I’m no expert but I know those guns got about 80 rounds a year put through them and that’s it. It should have plenty of life left in it!

Unregistered
    I think that most had less than 1,000 rounds fired. Some were actually carried and had holster wear and others were NIB. I wish I had bought more of them.